Katherine Terrell article James 2 for 11 on passes over 15 yards in Tampa Game (1 Viewer)

inetnawlins

Black and Gold
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score

"According to ESPN Stats & Information, Winston was 2 of 11 on passes that went at least 15 yards through the air, compared to 8-of-11 the week before. He did not complete his first such pass until the 5:17 mark of the fourth quarter."

That the worst I've seen him. He was just off but surprisingly his completion percentage was better than Brady's. 62% to 52%.

He also has 4 broken bones in his back. Not great.
I'm finding that hard to believe. A guy showed me that at the game. There's no way we'd play him if had 4 fractures in his back. Heck, we didn't even let Kamara play with his rib injury.

We have Dalton now, so if Winston had fractures in his back we wouldn't jeopardize his career like that.

I'm finding that hard to believe. A guy showed me that at the game. There's no way we'd play him if had 4 fractures in his back. Heck, we didn't even let Kamara play with his rib injury.

We have Dalton now, so if Winston had fractures in his back we wouldn't jeopardize his career like that.

Dr. David Chao was on Sports Talk the other night. He said there are two types of fractures. Ones that nobody would let a player play with...and ones that Cam Newton and Derek Carr have played with. Transverse fractures. It did surprise him that Jameis played last week because he said normally you will miss one game. He said its very difficult to shoot someone up for those fractures so Jameis was likely in a lot of pain. But he said he should be feeling much better this week.

It's been discussed that the injury is most likely transverse process fractures, the bony projections to the sides of the vertebrae. There is no increased risk of serious injury, per the team, and is about pain management and tolerance.

It's a transverse fracture it is the wing like bones on the vertebre that are fractured. It is a pain management issue but I would imagine rest to to let them heal would be the best. I didn't believe it at first either it sounded ridiculous. I would think though that one good shot and bad things can happen when his back is already in a weakened state.The docs say it's safe. I just hope if it is hampering his performance he will put the team first.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom