Kendre Miller (5 Viewers)

Miller will be on the opening day roster and big a contributer to the running game along with Kamara and Williams

Bub Means will be on the opening day roster and will contribute to the passing game.

This roster is being managed as it prepares for the season opener and a hamstring and or shin injury is not going to out at risk talented players because a lesser player was more available during camp.
I hope you’re right. If you look around the league a lot of players were held back this week. I would just like to get some news on the injury front when it comes to Miller.

So is Kendre going to make the squad? Have not heard a thing about him or his recovery. He’s running out of time.

Not really. RBs get hurt all the time and this offense can run through RBs pretty quick so missing some time early might actually benefit him later in the season when AK gets his annual injury.

Miller will be on the opening day roster and big a contributer to the running game along with Kamara and Williams

Bub Means will be on the opening day roster and will contribute to the passing game.

This roster is being managed as it prepares for the season opener and a hamstring and or shin injury is not going to out at risk talented players because a lesser player was more available during camp.

At this point you are making a big assumption in that Miller will even be healthy, let alone be a contributor.

Means? You think a 5th round pick who hasn't even practiced is a lock for the opening day roster and will even be a contributor? Kinda wild.

At this point you are making a big assumption in that Miller will even be healthy, let alone be a contributor.

Means? You think a 5th round pick who hasn't even practiced is a lock for the opening day roster and will even be a contributor? Kinda wild.
They will both be on the opening day roster, not a wild assessment at all

So is Kendre going to make the squad? Have not heard a thing about him or his recovery. He’s running out of time.

I hope you’re right. If you look around the league a lot of players were held back this week. I would just like to get some news on the injury front when it comes to Miller.

D.A. said in a presser a few weeks back that he wasn't going to comment on the status of injured players that were not participating in practice.

During the regular season they are required to do so but not beforehand.

I get your point though. We have a list of players with injuries that we have no real information as to how severe of an injury they suffered and what the outlook is and when the player will return to full health and be available to practice and play.

There may be an injured player not on IR yet that may not be 100% come opening day. Could be no big deal. Could be a big deal. Let's hope for the former.

They will both be on the opening day roster, not a wild assessment at all

Your matter of fact statement in them both being contributors is indeed wild, though.

Means isn't a lock to make this roster. He needs to practice and play.

Don’t kid yourself. The number 71 pick is worth 235 points on the trade chart. That’s good enough to move from the bottom of the second round at pick 64 all the way to the 40th pick in the draft. High round pick carries great value.
Or you could trade it at 71 and move all the way to the 43rd slot.

It's still not a high pick no matter how much you want it to be one. The trade chart is just something teams made up that they all more or less agree to as a guideline. It's not some objective reality of the actual value of a pick. A pick is only as valuable as what you use it for and if a team is even hitting on 50% of 3rd round picks then they are doing a very good job.

Beyond that the issue with Miller is that he can't stay healthy and that's not something you can really determine when drafting a guy. If his issue was the same knee injury he had in college, it would be one thing, but that's not been the case.

If and it's big if, he can get healthy and play in the last two preseason games he can and should make the roster. He's more talented than any RB on the roster other than Kamara and Hill. But, if he can't get healthy I can see him getting cut since both Robinson and Mimms looked pretty good given the spotty blocking of the OL. And I really hope they don't have to cut him because he's the kind of guy that could go to another team, get healthy, and end up being a good starting RB in the NFL. Then again, he could go somewhere else and never stay healthy.

Neither Mims or Robinson have really shown enough to really say one of those guy HAVE to make the 53. They looked fine but it's not the PT type of explosion we saw more than a decade ago that makes you think you absolutely can't let this guy slip away. Miller is on thin ice as he should be, but there's still time for him to get on the field. Let's hope he can get back fast because these hammy issues will sink him fast if he doesn't take care and manage his body better.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom