Kendre Miller (2 Viewers)

Man, huge fan of Kendre, but these nagging injuries are becoming a bit of an issue. I know we got Taysom, but i think this opens up an opportunity for Jordan Mims. Honestly, That dude can play! Saw a ton of Mims while watching Haener do his thing. Mims aced his last season at Fresno St. I think we have a legit sleeper at RB w/Mims. Kendre being on the mend sucks, but it does give other guys a chance to showcase their game.

The Saints have done a good job historically of getting production out of undrafted RBs (including some all time Saints greats). Maybe Mims is the next guy.

There's not a thing wrong with signing injured players. However, there is something wrong if they're counted on to play right away.

They should be drafted or signed off FA and rehabbed if necessary, but never counted on until proven to be solid. Smart teams don't even count on new players that don't have an injury history until they prove they're solid players.

Dennis didn’t have anything to do with drafting Peyton Turner or Davenport those were under Payton’s watch.

As for Miller, Dennis Allen seemed to be pretty transparent about his disappointment and expectations - something Coach Payton rarely was in the media.

Also, wasn’t Miller a 3rd rounder? Not what I’d call high and McKinstry hasn’t played a snap yet - so maybe let’s pump the brakes on him being “another” injury prone player.
Teams that whiff on Top 100 picks are typical teams that miss the playoffs. He was selected at 71, a high 3rd pick.

I also believe he could blossom in Coach K’s offense, but he’s shown to be injury prone as a Pro.

It’s
I want to go into detail so bad about why context applies to the reason teams draft players or take chances on injured guys, but I really disdain writing long paragraphs just for people to cherry pick and say, nah don't agree or flat out can't understand the logic behind it. So I'll pass, you're right..it's not a great strategy.
It’s like only dating super hot chicks that have been to prison for aggravated assault and domestic abuse. You might strike gold 1/100 times but more than likely 99/100 times you’ll end up in a hospital bed right next to her ex.

It's just Day 1 so you don't want to hit the panic button, but it's also Day one......you shouldn't have a pulled hammy on the first day. Kinda screams he didn't do what you supposed to be doing in the off season. Kid is a terrific talent, but you have to be available. Very disappointing.

The board will melt if T Spears goes off this season while Miller is on the exercise bike.
Like it or not but his career will always be linked to Spears & Achane, considering the Saints passed on both to draft him. What I find funny is that some fans were ready to kick Kamara out the door for Miller based on one game. In the words of Furious Styles "You will learn!".

For those arguing we missed on being able to draft Spears, remember it’s Day 2 of camp in year two. Revisit this at the start of 2027 and you will have a much clearer picture of who was the better pick between Miller and Spears.

One (or more) of the three is true:

1. He has the worst luck imaginable.

2. His body was not made for playing professional football for any period of time.

3. He was not physically ready for training camp.
This is what I was wondering. Does he stay in shape? Are there off season training vids like you see kamara do? Hamstring feels like it's a conditioning thing but I know less than nothing about it so I can only wonder.

It’s

It’s like only dating super hot chicks that have been to prison for aggravated assault and domestic abuse. You might strike gold 1/100 times but more than likely 99/100 times you’ll end up in a hospital bed right next to her ex.
Meh.

You've got $1 dollars(20th pick in the draft) in your pocket and you go to a store with the intentions of grabbing a box of cereal prior to a hurricane. Problem is you're competing with other people (teams) doing the same thing. You arrive a late (Outside the top 15 picks) and most of the quality items are gone. For example, instead of Kellog's cereal(top 15 talent) there's only the great value cereal left. But then you see it...a box of Frosted Flakes(Top 13 talent)...sitting way in the back. Problem is, the reason it's there is the box is open, and the bag has a little tear in it (slight injury history, or questionable character concerns).

You take it to the front, and while the cereal is regularly priced at $1.25, the owner is willing to give it to you for 75 cents. If you really have a preference for that cereal, you likely take the discount and walk out the store feeling lucky. Yes, there's a high chance it's stale...but there's a chance it's not and because you started the night at a disadvantage (fewer picks than other teams, or drafting late) you saw a potential bargain that you otherwise wouldn't have had a shot at, and you take it.

The Saints, since 2006 have had a top 15 pick only 6 times, not counting trade ups. They've picked in the top 5 only once in that time span (2006) not counting Sed Ellis.

It makes 100% logical sense why they take chances on players that otherwise they wouldn't have access to...because if you hit (Ryan Ramczk, Bryan Bresee etc) you hit big and if you miss, you got him at a discount anyway. Sure, they could take the great value cereal and end up with a steady great value player level player, but this is a talent driven business, so they go after the more talented players despite them having some issues.

It logically makes sense from their standpoint and as long as it makes sense, the decisions can be justified. It's when they do things that don't make sense that are questionable, but passing on players you aren't interested in because they don't fit what you're looking for is completely plausible.

I digress

Last edited:
Like it or not but his career will always be linked to Spears & Achane, considering the Saints passed on both to draft him. What I find funny is that some fans were ready to kick Kamara out the door for Miller based on one game. In the words of Furious Styles "You will learn!".
Oh yeah...you gonna learn.

Would you prefer to talk about Taysom Hill? Hill had several bad injuries in college and continues to get injured at a pretty high rate in the NFL. But, for some reason, nobody complains about signing Taysom Hill or keeping him on the team.
TH7 has played 16 games 5 out of 7 seasons. 2017 (his 1st season) he didn’t really play bc he didn’t get the opportunity. So no, he has not been injured at a pretty high rate.
IMG_7863.jpeg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom