Kendre Miller (3 Viewers)

Yeah why take a chance on players with somewhat of an injury history. Never works out. It's not like we signed Drew Brees after having a career threatening shoulder injury or anything like that. Some might call that signing a success for the Saints.

There is a difference between habitual injury history (pulled hammies, ankles, multiple torn ACL/MCL/PCL) VS random injuries like Brees shoulder, OL getting rolled up on, contact injuries.

Guys like Davenport, Turner, Miller, all seem to be self sustaining injury prone. I don’t know if they need a better warm up routine, or if they are on some type of performance enhancing supplement (usually leads to soft tissue and ligament/tendon damage), but something needs to change with how they manipulate their bodies.

I know these guys want to get on the field to make the team or get paid, but you can’t do that if your consistently on the IR or PUP.

When you draft players with injury history you don’t get to lament their latest one, Dennis. Miller, Davenport, Turner, Mckinstry coming next. Why does this organization use high draft picks on kids with serious issues already.

My friend sent me the quote from Allen about not being able to make the team from the training room at 1143 am PDT today and I replied to him "Sounds like DA means business this season, no doubt some people will call him a **** for that though". So anyway I just wanted to say thank you for not letting me down.

Bodes ill for our season that this is the kind of kid we waste picks on. Getting hurt during drills is pathetic.

One of two things is probably true:
A) he is adverse to practice and thus opts out every time he can... oops got a bruise see ya next week
B) he didn't get himself properly prepared in the off season

Who the hell is Kendra Miller?
Kendre's healthy brother.
Only day one but tremendously disappointing! I was, though, encouraged by DA’s calling him out.
Didn't watch, that is encouraging...wonder if Turner got that message too? lol
I think you are missing the point. The point is that you can't always tell if a guy is going to have injury issues based on his past.
I think it's also a toughness thing with some players being able to or being more willing to play thru injuries than others.

Regardless hopefully Kendre's health and availability get better moving forward.

He's the 71st pick in the 2023 draft. The 4th RB selected in the 2023 draft. Expectations are fairly high at that early draft slot.

RB's typically produce early in their career. His rookie season was less than impressive. He needs to make an impact this year or he may be gone next year.

B) he didn't get himself properly prepared in the off season
It's just Day 1 so you don't want to hit the panic button, but it's also Day one......you shouldn't have a pulled hammy on the first day. Kinda screams he didn't do what you supposed to be doing in the off season. Kid is a terrific talent, but you have to be available. Very disappointing.

The board will melt if T Spears goes off this season while Miller is on the exercise bike.

Cough cough, Bresee. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doensn't. sometimes guys have perfectly healthy college careers, and get injured a lot in the NFL.

And vice-versa.....see Stefon Diggs, constantly injured at UMD, which is the only reason he dropped so far in the draft.....the talent was always there but teams were reluctant due to his inability to stay healthy in college.....in the NFL? Different story, he's been relatively healthy.....it's pretty rare though....

My friend sent me the quote from Allen about not being able to make the team from the training room at 1143 am PDT today and I replied to him "Sounds like DA means business this season, no doubt some people will call him a **** for that though". So anyway I just wanted to say thank you for not letting me down.
I think personality-wise DA is more like SP than people think.

Cough cough, Bresee. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doensn't. sometimes guys have perfectly healthy college careers, and get injured a lot in the NFL.
Not trying to be a Debbie Downer or talk bad things into existence but one injury free year a career does not make. It’s encouraging but picking injured players isn’t a great strategy.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom