Kendre Miller (4 Viewers)

Yeah why take a chance on players with somewhat of an injury history. Never works out. It's not like we signed Drew Brees after having a career threatening shoulder injury or anything like that. Some might call that signing a success for the Saints.
Drew was already a proven NFL starter let’s not compare that with this kid who hasn’t played a full season or finished a training camp

Drew was already a proven NFL starter let’s not compare that with this kid who hasn’t played a full season or finished a training camp

Would you prefer to talk about Taysom Hill? Hill had several bad injuries in college and continues to get injured at a pretty high rate in the NFL. But, for some reason, nobody complains about signing Taysom Hill or keeping him on the team.

Not trying to be a Debbie Downer or talk bad things into existence but one injury free year a career does not make. It’s encouraging but picking injured players isn’t a great strategy.
I want to go into detail so bad about why context applies to the reason teams draft players or take chances on injured guys, but I really disdain writing long paragraphs just for people to cherry pick and say, nah don't agree or flat out can't understand the logic behind it. So I'll pass, you're right..it's not a great strategy.

When you draft players with injury history you don’t get to lament their latest one, Dennis. Miller, Davenport, Turner, Mckinstry coming next. Why does this organization use high draft picks on kids with serious issues already.
Dennis didn’t have anything to do with drafting Peyton Turner or Davenport those were under Payton’s watch.

As for Miller, Dennis Allen seemed to be pretty transparent about his disappointment and expectations - something Coach Payton rarely was in the media.

Also, wasn’t Miller a 3rd rounder? Not what I’d call high and McKinstry hasn’t played a snap yet - so maybe let’s pump the brakes on him being “another” injury prone player.

Dennis didn’t have anything to do with drafting Peyton Turner or Davenport those were under Payton’s watch.

As for Miller, Dennis Allen seemed to be pretty transparent about his disappointment and expectations - something Coach Payton rarely was in the media.

Also, wasn’t Miller a 3rd rounder? Not what I’d call high and McKinstry hasn’t played a snap yet - so maybe let’s pump the brakes on him being “another” injury prone player.
There will be no brake pumping today!

I do look forward to looking back at this thread in a few months. Have a feeling a lot of crow will be eaten by certain posters.

I do look forward to looking back at this thread in a few months. Have a feeling a lot of crow will be eaten by certain posters.
The future is another country. Right now is the time for sky falling and second guessing. Apparently.

if you pick ANY position in rounds 1-3 it would be considered a high draft pick.

Rounds 1 and 2 sure, but the value of 3rd rounders kind of depends on the depth of the draft. Regardless, the 3rd round is where teams start drafting guys that have more issues. I would never consider a 3rd round pick a "high" round pick. Especially in a 7 round draft.

Man, huge fan of Kendre, but these nagging injuries are becoming a bit of an issue. I know we got Taysom, but i think this opens up an opportunity for Jordan Mims. Honestly, That dude can play! Saw a ton of Mims while watching Haener do his thing. Mims aced his last season at Fresno St. I think we have a legit sleeper at RB w/Mims. Kendre being on the mend sucks, but it does give other guys a chance to showcase their game.

Last edited:
Rounds 1 and 2 sure, but the value of 3rd rounders kind of depends on the depth of the draft. Regardless, the 3rd round is where teams start drafting guys that have more issues. I would never consider a 3rd round pick a "high" round pick. Especially in a 7 round draft.
I'm talking specifically the RB position. That position has been severely devalued in today's NFL. Rarely do you see first round RB anymore. Therefore, "premium" draft picks in round 1-3 are not common at the RB position. When teams do invest in those picks, teams are counting on these players to be playmakers & contribute right away.

Would you prefer to talk about Taysom Hill? Hill had several bad injuries in college and continues to get injured at a pretty high rate in the NFL. But, for some reason, nobody complains about signing Taysom Hill or keeping him on the team.
No I wouldn’t that’s asinine. Let’s be real Miller is in the Turner, Davenport etc category. Your comparing miller to two future hall of fame players is pretty wild to be honest.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom