Kenny Wilkerson (1 Viewer)

Let me preface this by first saying that Kenny Wilkerson is a hack. He's an arrogant you know what. We have the WORST sports talk radio show in the country - I am convinced. As much as I dislike the show, at least Bobby gives respect to callers.

Also, Kenny openly admitted to refusing to talk about the Hornets when we were in the midst of our 9 game winning streak. Callers would call in wanting to talk about the Hornets and he said "i know you wanna talk about the Hornets but we arent talking about them right now....so what jersey do you think of when you think of Randy Moss - Vikings or Patriots?" Now that is some hard-hitting sports talk....

He gets intimidated when he does not have the answer to a question, and he takes it out on the callers. I have given up on that show a loooong time ago.

(Rant over)

Obviously you haven't been all over the country. It's like that EVERYWHERE! It's the definition of sports talk. Not everyone can be Dan Patrick.

Obviously you haven't been all over the country. It's like that EVERYWHERE! It's the definition of sports talk. Not everyone can be Dan Patrick.

It isn't like that everywhere. Not even close.

870 sports is a joke. I have lived in Baton Rouge for the last four years and I wish New Orleans could even come close to the sports stations up here. I think part of the problem is there is no competition down there so they have a monopoly on Saints talk. I can't even listen to them anymore because when I try all I hear is commercials. Its pathetic. The only one with half a brain is Bobby. They should bury Deke back under whatever rock he crawled out from under. I have never heard someone so arrogant on talk radio in my life. What a ******.

870 blows for sports talk. News is great, but I don't need to hear the same repeating news segment every 30 minutes when it takes 12 just to spout it out.

/rant off/

Well what y'all think? Should we ask him to start posting again....you know from the barn :hihi:

I wonder what time they get to their offices. I bet they are going to have fun talking about this thread around the water cooler.

I like Bobby...he's unique to the area and it's nice to have a former player on the air. No, he's not the smooth talking, national-sports-radio type, but who cares; he's still one of us. Personally I don't want a bunch of non-Louisiana-personality guys that could do a sports show anywhere in the country...I like the local flavor we get with Bobby. But with that in mind, overall the quality has got to improve; from the comments here it's obviously not working for the fans.

Im going to to tell the truth, WWL only caters to one type of audience. It's a gimmick "Cajun Sports talk".

It caters to the New Orleans market... which is why Gerry V never could make inroads here, and why most "professional" sports talk show hosts fail here.

They have to conform to what New Orleans likes, not vice versa.

Remember in the early 90s when WQUE AM had the Saints games? They hired a guy (who later became the voice of the Cowboys) to do the play by play, regulating Henderson to a sidekick along with Archie.

People hated the broadcast because they missed the give and take of Henderson and Manning. So Henderson was returned to play-by-play after a couple of years.

How about Stan Brock vs. Hokie Gajan? Again, while Brock had his weaknesses (too concerned with the o-line), what people really craved was those "country" sayings that someone like Hokie or Archie would come up with:

Archie on Dalton Hillard trying to pick up a blitzing linebacker and not making the block: "That was a classic version of a Ford meeting a rooster."

Hokie on a Saints player making a dumb play: "That's what it's like to play with your head up your butt."

I'm not saying WWL has it right, but what I'm saying is that it takes someone willing to adapt to what New Orleanians like to make it in this market.

Bobby is the only thing keeping that show afloat right now. Plus they get Mike D. and Hokie on there so that helps. They need another good host. Bad!

Yeah, Bobby is hands down the best one they got, for the most part he stays patient and courteous with callers, and also brings insight from a former semi-successful players standpoint.

Kenny has ZERO knowledge of any sport outside of football. Thats why he would rather talk about which Manning has better hair than the Hornets or any other sport.

Kaarre Johnson's delivery was annoying, but the guy knew sports and wasnt afraid of a little back and forth with callers.

WWL would do better by getting rid of Kenny & Deke.

I wouldnt mind seeing Kaare back and possibly Gerry V on WWL.......But Gerry is highly unlikely considering the Hornets will NEVER be on WWL because LSU sports is so much more important than our very own NBA team :(

What are reallythe chances this thread gets mentioned tonight? 0%
What are the chances that the sho is bad tonight to prove Kenny is a control freak? 100%

Yeah, it's terrible...

They only talk for like 2 minuets, and then it's "a quick commercial break!"....it's annoying.

They really need to cut down on commercials...really bad.

But they won't because no matte what they have no competition.

If a populous is thirsty enough, they'll drink dirty water.

Thats what WWL is.

The wonderful fans of Who Dat Nation have no other options, so they are forced to drink what WWL is serving up.

Here's there average hourly breakdown of commercials and sports talk

00-10 commercials
11-15 sports talk
16-24 commercials
25-30 sports talk
31-39 commercials
40-45 sports talk
46-51 commercials
52-55 sports talk
56-57 commercials
58 sports talk
59-00 commercials

That's 18 minutes of sports talk and 42 minutes of commercials.....that was an average of about 5 shows I did about a month ago.

The average for national shows, like Cowherd or Chris Meyers is 38 minutes of sports talk to 22 minutes of commercials.

Why the discrepancy?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom