Kool Aid McKinstry: How do you like the pick? (6 Viewers)

The New Orleans Saints draft Kool Aid: How do you like the pick?

• Love it

Votes: 218 43.7%
  • Like it

Votes: 164 32.9%
  • Meh

Votes: 61 12.2%
  • Hate it

Votes: 7 1.4%
  • Too soon to tell

Votes: 35 7.0%
  • Tacoes

Votes: 14 2.8%

• Total voters
We won’t win more than seven games, but damn do we have the deepest CB room in the league. I can’t imagine going into next season with all these CB’s on the roster.

We won’t win more than seven games, but damn do we have the deepest CB room in the league. I can’t imagine going into next season with all these CB’s on the roster.
We're going to win 7 games by the bye week

It’s not a useful pick to spend a 2nd on a LB who won’t see significant defensive snaps anytime soon. Demario’s still the top LB. Werner and Gay are young starter level LBs getting the other snaps.

We can always draft a definite 1st round starting LB in Demario’s retirement offseason.
Which won't be soon. Demario said he wants to play 2 years beyond when Lebron retires, so that's at least 2 more years at this moment. We'll see if he meant it and if his body holds up, which I'd bet it does.

Back to the topic at hand... if I were a betting man, I'd say Kool-Aid is being brought in for the nickel role so that Taylor can move back to the outside in place of Shon or Adebo in the case of injury/trade/free agency. We were awful at the nickel last season and it feels like such a waste to have Taylor there when he has so much natural ability on the boundary.
Kool-Aid has played sub 20 snaps at nickel his entire college career.

Until we see otherwise he is/was not drafted to play in the slot.

I have a feeling Peat is on speed dial. I am anxious to see how this (whatever the plan is) pans out.
I have a feeling they have Peat and Hunter Renfrew.

And at some lint we should get a big nose tackle!

Kool-Aid has played sub 20 snaps at nickel his entire college career.

Until we see otherwise he is/was not drafted to play in the slot.
Oh I'm aware. Many of the better slot guys in the league were outside corners in college. We're not talking about a groundbreaking move here. But to be clear, I'm not saying he can't and won't play outside. I'm saying he may prove to be the best option we have at nickel currently, so he may play there if he can pick it up quickly enough.

Should I call him Punch, Drink, or Juice? Sometimes I don’t understand “us” and the names we give our kids.
I tell you, this is a conundrum. I feel completely blindsided by this pick.

A fourth corner over a starting guard. You homers are something else.
Winners pick players - losers pick positions.

Ill take a potential All-Pro talent at a position we dont need over an above average player at any position we need every day of the week.

When we grade the player 2 years from now nobody will remember what positions you thought we needed to fill in 2024. The player will strictly be graded on how he performs without regard to what position he plays.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom