Late 80-Early 90 NBA....... (1 Viewer)

I beg to differ. They shouldn't have been in position to have to play Georgia Tech that early. That team should have been a sure fire top 3 seed.

And having a pass first guard was not the problem when they played Georgia Tech. Both teams scored 100+ that game so offense wasn't the issue. It was lack of effort on defense and on the boards. Thats a Dale Brown problem.

All that aside, ESPN was lit all week in those days. Big Monday where rugged Big East teams could barely score 60 points. I also remember when Georgetown used to recruit the hell out of New Orleans talent. Tuesday was glam night with the ACC/SEC double header. Wednesday was Big 10 night, and Thursday was out west where you had to stay up late to see UNLV or Arizona.

A good disciplined pass first PG would have helped them defensively as well. Chris Jackson was jacking up 3's, missing and GT was scoring easily on breaks. Bottom line is when Jackson was not shooting the ball well he was a liability in pretty much every other area....and the final score was 94-91....

I remember those days as well, even the SEC had like 5-6 quality teams back then, CB was so much fun back then...

A good disciplined pass first PG would have helped them defensively as well. Chris Jackson was jacking up 3's, missing and GT was scoring easily on breaks. Bottom line is when Jackson was not shooting the ball well he was a liability in pretty much every other area....and the final score was 94-91....

I remember those days as well, even the SEC had like 5-6 quality teams back then, CB was so much fun back then...

I remembered them both over 100. Maybe that was the Loyola Marymount games :ROFLMAO: RIP Hank Gathers.

Close enough. Looks like the highest scoring game that day by far.

So we're going to blame that L on Mahmoud's 6 missed threes now? In that case Dennis Scott missed 7 of them. So LSU can't score on easy breaks when GT jacked up 3s? They missed more 3s than LSU did that day. Mind you Mahmoud got fouled on a few of those attempts they didn't call.

Let's stop the excuses. Dale Brown was known as a motivator and not much for Xs and Os. Any other coach would have taken that team to the Final Four as a top 3 seed easily.

Let's stop the excuses. Dale Brown was known as a motivator and not much for Xs and Os. Any other coach would have taken that team to the Final Four as a top 3 seed easily.

What excuses? You mean the officiating excuses you gave? :)

Oh, I don't disagree about Dale Brown, Cremins was the better coach no question but Kenny Anderson totally outplayed Mahmoud, sure Scott missed 7 but he made 5....40% + from 3 is pretty good IMO....

I stand by my assertion that a good pass first PG would have taken that team a lot further.....agree to disagree....

Oh, and LSU was 5 of 19 on 3's, GT was 10 of 25.....so yes technically speaking GT missed (one more) 3, but context....LSU was .263, GT was .40 from 3.....I mean do you really want to argue that point?

We’ve established that the pistons suck

and while Ewing was the reason I became a Knicks fan, it was John starks that I loved
but being a knicks fan of that era was like being a dome patrol saints fan - always so frustratingly close and one team of destiny always in the way
Anyone wanna spot me?

Yeah, I remember watching that live. Definitely an "oohhh sheet" moment. Of course they still couldn't beat the Bulls. Heh.
Very few NBA teams during the 1990's could argue they could consistently beat the Bulls, except for perhaps Indiana Pacers, and strangely enough, a Western Conference team that won the two NBA championships in Jordan's absence from Chicago in the mid-90's---the Houston Rockets.

Seriously, go back and review the win-loss records of NBA teams who played against Chicago from the mid-80's to the late 90's: one of the few teams with a clear, winning record against Jordan's Bulls were the Houston Rockets. That stat makes me wonder if a team like Houston with guys like Akeem, Clyde Drexler, Maxwell, Sam Cassell had gone up against the Bulls in their prime in 1991-92, 92-93, I wonder if the outcome mightve been a bit different. Robert Horry has always contended that Phil Jackson wouldn't have known how to game-plan or scheme around such a dominant player like Akeem.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom