Level of Excitement (6 Viewers)

SaintsMan209

SB This year!
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
As a long time Saints fan, I’m not sensing too much confidence or excitement from the fan base. I think it’s because Dennis no personality Allen is the face of the team or that the team has no personality. Can you believe it went from Duece to Drew to … mediocrity. Payton had a way of keeping us all excited…I really hope we do great things this year but who knows. We’ll see.

As a long time Saints fan, I’m not sensing too much confidence or excitement from the fan base. I think it’s because Dennis no personality Allen is the face of the team or that the team has no personality. Can you believe it went from Duece to Drew to … mediocrity. Payton had a way of keeping us all excited…I really hope we do great things this year but who knows. We’ll see.

I'm pretty stoked, but most fans who are stoked got shirt on for months on here so there's no point with all of the negative fans with loud parrot voices. I'd rather just be excited about the changes and enjoy the season without seeing umpteen threads about DA's personality. The narrative on DA has been debunked by the players, but there are still fans trying to advance it.

Given my 50+ years as a Saints fan, I have learned to moderate my expectations to hope for the most and expect the least. I am tied to the Saints as a tree is to the ground its roots are buried in.
I cannot be fickle and not believe ownership strives for excellence and not mediocrity. Due to the wheel of fortune no team cannot enjoy a superlative season every year. Therefore, I shall continue to conduct myself as a dutiful fan who complains little but is realistic about my expectations.

Last edited:
I'm excited to see the new offensive scheme in action. I think that it will take a few games for it to come together but I am hopeful.
Yeah, me too. We were mediocre last year with a poor offense so, it seems to me, if we improve our offense the team should improve overall. I'm excited to see what happens. I agree that it will likely take a few games for the offense to gel, but this offense doesn't rely that much on a strong O-Line and we have all the other pieces needed to succeed.

I'm looking forward to the season. :)

I'm excited about the new season because we are finally moving on with life after CSP. All of this run it back all the same and we'll be just fine, except without Sean, was a bad marketing attempt to keep fans engaged. The team needed a makeover but the front office handled the transition poorly. They were afraid to rip the bandaid off, so they eased in to it. It wasn't an easy job (for the front office), I'll give them that. How do you keep a fanbase engaged knowing that you had limited financial resources, an aging team (many loyal to CSP) and an offense that was set up to fail. It's why I have no issues with Dennis Allen. He stepped into the line of fire and did a half decent job considering what he had to work with. He took the bullets for Mickey and Gayle, and is being rewarded with a fair chance to finally get his people in place. I can't imagine having to play Sean's hand, with the mess left behind, was attractive to many others out there. I'm fired up to see Kubiak's offense. I'm also excited about some of the youth that has been added to the mix. I wish it was more, but we did what we could with what we had.

Last edited:
The team certainly had personality with “Iron Mike” Ditka. How’d that turn out?

Tony Dunge certainly won’t go down as the most colorful or flamboyant. But he knew defense, and empowered the rest of his staff with the rest.

DA will never be dynamic. But he seems to be trending in the right direction. Until last season, his teams never had a winning record. Well, he got a check in that box last year …even with “Sneaky Pete” as OC.

With key FA’s and a new OC, I give the Saints a fighter’s chance at the NFCS crown …or better. 🤔 🏈

JMO

Who Dat 😎

:gosaints:

Last edited:
I'm excited about the new season because we are finally moving on with life after CSP. All of this run it back all the same and we'll be just fine, except without Sean, was a bad marketing attempt to keep fans engaged. The team needed a makeover but the front office handled the transition poorly. They were afraid to rip the bandaid off, so they eased in to it. It wasn't an easy job (for the front office), I'll give them that. How do you keep a fanbase engaged knowing that you had limited financial resources, an aging team (many loyal to CSP) and an offense that was set up to fail. It's why I have no issues with Dennis Allen. He stepped into the line of fire and did half decent job considering what he had to work with. He took the bullets for Mickey and Gayle, and is being rewarded with a fair chance to finally get his people in place. I can't imaging having to play Sean's hand, with the mess left behind, was attractive to many others out there. I'm fired up to see Kubiak's offense. I'm also excited about some of the youth that has been added to the mix. I wish it was more, but we did what we could with what we had.

This. I hated seeing Allen trying to run it back as a substitute teacher, even with the old students who were trying to enforce the real teacher's rules. They were were a year or two late with ripping off the bandaid but I'm excited to see what is to come. Let's go after it with a proven top defensive coach and young up and coming offensive mind. I think we will compete in a promising way. With any good fortune, we'll be back in contention in 1-2 years.

And in hindsight, it's about all one could expect when exiting a Payton/Brees era. You're not going to forcefully kick either out or willingly jettison their philosophy and culture. I knew realistically it would take some time. If 8-9 and 9-8 was the floor, that aint so bad. Let's see where it goes.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom