Life comes at you fast: disappointment take after 15-12 loss to Eagles (18 Viewers)

We’re a bend don’t break defense, sometimes we break. Breaking repeatedly wasn’t the problem, we just broke at a bad time but giving up only 15 points on D to an Eagles offense that was averaging 27ppg is winning defense.

Only scoring 12 after averaging 45ppg is, well..saying it lightly a let down.

Still, a huge part of our identity wasn’t there today.

We were 1-5 in the redzone today. And while Carr has been accurate he hasn’t been the engine to scoring in the RZ it’s been the run game on early downs inside the 20. Down Taysom and McCoy didn’t allow us to play bully ball down there.

Meanwhile we’d been an explosive offense w/ Shaheed making big plays. That connection was 0-5.

The things that lead to our offensive dominance wasn’t there today.

those things make not taking the 3 points and then needing the 2point conversion and failing stand out more.

San Fran lost similar game this year and Shanahan playcalling was questioned. This is a playmaker heavy scheme
Thanks for the breakdown.

Clown play by the defense.

I am just going to copy it, so I can paste it and not have to type it all over again.

The defense held the Eagles to 15 points, and created 4 turnovers (1 INT, 1 sack-fumble, 2 4th down stops). You can't ask a defense to be any better than that.

I am just going to copy it, so I can paste it and not have to type it all over again.

The defense held the Eagles to 15 points, and created 4 turnovers (1 INT, 1 sack-fumble, 2 4th down stops). You can't ask a defense to be any better than that.
I hear ya, but as the saying goes, "what have you done for me lately."
They hafta finish or all of the stellar play previously doesn't matter.

While I agree that today’s loss was completely on the offense, let’s not let it go unmentioned that the Eagles were down 101 players.

AJ Brown
lane Johnson
Machi Bekton (sp)
Devante Smith

Let’s not pretend that the defense was facing “the greatest show on Turf”.

Has anyone made a Ferris Bueller reference yet…. If not I may go grab a glass of warm milk and head off to bed.

This night he the stupidest comment to a thread in the 15 years I've been on here. Really dude?
I strive to be the best, whether good or bad. 😂

I will say though running Kamara up the middle into a stacked box for one yard repeatedly was a Charmichael special Kubiak emulated most of the night.

I haven’t been calling for Rattler, so I think I have some work to do before hitting rock bottom of posting.

I strive to be the best, whether good or bad. 😂

I will say though running Kamara up the middle into a stacked box for one yard repeatedly was a Charmichael special Kubiak emulated most of the night.

I haven’t been calling for Rattler, so I think I have some work to do before hitting rock bottom of posting.
Naw, Carmichael would have ran shotgun all go routes in that spot. Especially anywhere near the redzone

Apparently not.

They held the Eagles to 15 points and created 4 turnovers. That's what the defense did lately.
The offense handed the outcome of the game over to the defense with the lead. No matter how they obtained that lead, it still was the lead. The defense does their job upon their last time on the field, the Saints win.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom