Lions are signing Alex Anzalone (3 Viewers)

Oof it's a rough list. There are some more detailed breakdowns around here but off the top of my head

Drew Brees- replaced by Winston or Hill
Nick Easton- someone will take his spot and do well
Emmanuel Sanders- Deonte, Callaway, TQS will fill void
Josh Hill- was close to end of line
Jared Cook- Trautman will do well
Janoris Jenkins- Hardest person to replace
Kwon Alexander- Think he will be back
Alex Anzalone- no biggie
Trey Hendrickson- With D-line depth was a luxury and N.O have other pressing players to resign
Malcom Brown- thatll hurt. But N.O should find a good replacement. Believe in our D-line coach
Sheldon Rankins- injuries decimated him
Justin Hardee- N.O excellent at finding special teamers
Thomas Morstead- Already have his replacement, Gillikin seems promising.
Once you break down list the loses arent so bad when you expand quote. Out of all those Jenkins loss is the only one that will truely hurt. Hopefully Saints can find a good replacement for him.

My apologies Stalwart this list or reply is aimed at poster who was wondering bout list. It just easier to use your quote to break it down.

Last edited:
He always seemed like the guy I would see and say, "I wish he had made that play."

Or, "He almost made that play"

YES!!!

Good riddance! The best offseason move we've done so far. Totally makes up for letting everyone else go on defense.

I remember when SSF used to sing AA’s praises even before his one good year. Funny how we eventually eat our young so quickly 😂
I actually remember all those post about how good he was going to be too. I seriously never saw it from day 1.

Last edited:
Bye Anzalone Balogne. Just sign Damien Wilson already.💪🏿💪🏿💪🏿

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210324-213433_Google.jpg
    Screenshot_20210324-213433_Google.jpg
    121.8 KB · Views: 2
  • 20200217_1450491.jpg
    20200217_1450491.jpg
    692.5 KB · Views: 2
Anzalone had some talent... and he flashed from time to time.. Injuries affected him though, and like Sheldon Rankins, Anzalone was never quite the same after 2 season-ending injuries.

I like this “move” in the sense that it ensures the Saints will add good vet or a top 1-2 draft pick at LB.

I would absolutely LOVE to get Zaven Collins or JOK in the 1st (or of course Parsons should something crazy happen).

I wish Alex the best. It's sad how fans turn on players at the drop of a dime. It's also sad how fans don't embrace FAs from other teams...

1 yr $1.75 million is really cheap, I would’ve been in favor of keeping him at that price but also not really bummed out

I wish Alex the best. It's sad how fans turn on players at the drop of a dime. It's also sad how fans don't embrace FAs from other teams...
I think most NOLA fans are infinitely more loyal to their own than any random NFL team.

In Anzalone's first year he made a play where he dove and tripped up a running back after a 5-yard gain. It was a good tackle, but if he'd been where he was supposed to be he could have stopped the runner for no gain or a loss. Anzalone also injured his shoulder on the play and was out for the remainder of the year. I feel like that play and the effects of the play summed up his career in NOLA.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom