LSU and Canada to part ways after bowl game (1 Viewer)

Nope. I recall the same. I remember thinking it was a smart move given that the only offenses that give Alabama issues are spread offenses with mobile QBs.

Right. I remember him saying maybe at his introductory press conference when he was trying to get Kiffen that he said he wanted to run a "spread" or "spread type" offense. Not sure what changed his mind.

If he wants to run spread, pro style, option, whatever, just make up your mind and stop changing schemes and coordinators. Can we run an offense for like more than one year in a row please????

Right. I remember him saying maybe at his introductory press conference when he was trying to get Kiffen that he said he wanted to run a "spread" or "spread type" offense. Not sure what changed his mind.

If he wants to run spread, pro style, option, whatever, just make up your mind and stop changing schemes and coordinators. Can we run an offense for like more than one year in a row please????
I dont care if they run the wing-t. Just score some damn points.

I think O said he wanted to run the spread only b/c he thought Kiffen was a done deal. After it became obvious he wasn't going to get Kiffen, he quickly changed direction. The shrimp boat is rudderless, tossed about by winds O can't control and doesn't even know how to get the direction on.

I think O said he wanted to run the spread only b/c he thought Kiffen was a done deal.

This is spot on. It was his introductory press conference & he was sure Kiffen would be his OC. In all honesty, I really wish Kiffen would have come with Aranda.....we wouldn't have this circus and Kiffen is a really progressive offensive mind. Unfortunately, the cards didn't fall that way.

When Kiffen took the head coaching job, Orgeron was not prepared. The binder did not have plan B. Canada put up impressive numbers and he got the gig without proper vetting by O. How else can you explain the events since Orgeron was hired?

I'm hoping there is a place in the Ensminger offense for Narcisse. If he does not receive playing time on a regular basis, he's gone.

Looks like orgeron is surrounding himself with support.
Going from Canada to Ensminger makes it pretty clear that O isn’t comfortable enough at the HC spot to have challenges from his coordinator positions.

I also hope this works out but I’ve got a frown on my hopes.

In looking at the sec today, it’s a stark difference from just 2 years ago with one constant... Bama. They just won a nat champ with freshmen at key positions against a very solid Georgia team. That’s incredible.

So, bama still rolls, georgia is rising, Tamu is on the track and we have to wonder about Florida and Tennesse coming around the bend. LSU has people scratching their heads.

The thought of many is that LSU is taking a “breather”. It might not be a design (or maybe it is) of Alleva but LSU looks like it’s exited the brawl for SEC dominance and essentially just biding the time for Saban to retire. The risk is that we put longlasting dents in the program. TAF funds are likely to continue declining and that creates problems for program upkeep and expansion.

I’m still onboard with tics but again, I have a frown face on my hopes.

I don't think LSU is intentionally taking a breather from SEC football. I just think we have an incompetent AD who doesn't know how to run coaching searches. He lucked into Will Wade, but he's made a complete hash out of the football program.

No way LSU is taking a breather.....not with the money they are spending. Take a break in the SEC West and you get humbled quickly.

I think a lot of the negativity around the program and Orgeron is a little early (as in, give the man a chance), but I understand the frustration. The first year under Ed O did not go smoothly. It did not look like a clear upgrade from the previous regime. It's still early, but so far, I'd say Orgeron and Co. have failed the eye test.

Just keep in mind we are fans. We don't know the ins and outs of what goes on at LSU. There's a chance this thing is going all according to plan (we were short on players this past year, which was not O's fault). It's still possible that LSU will come out next year and run through walls for Orgeron. I think by October of 2018, we will all know theultimate direction of this program.

LSU reportedly spoke to Tee Martin about the OC spot but no deal could be reached.

it's official Esminger is the OC

200.gif

LOL @ BobE.

Keep in mind Orgeron's LSU career is at stake here. While the fans may not think he is the best choice for OC, Orgeron is betting his coaching life on it. Personally, I wish they would have gone in another direction, but he's a qualified candidate. Let's hope for the best.

I think a lot of the negativity around the program and Orgeron is a little early (as in, give the man a chance), but I understand the frustration. The first year under Ed O did not go smoothly. It did not look like a clear upgrade from the previous regime. It's still early, but so far, I'd say Orgeron and Co. have failed the eye test.

Well, therein lies the problem. When you fire the most successful coach in program history, who is still bringing in top recruiting classes and keeping the program running smoothly and relatively scandal free, you better have a damn good reason for doing so.

That reason was not to replicate those same (apparently) unsatisfactory results while also undermining the image, institutional stability, and prestige of the program in the meantime. Saban built and Miles sustained a program where 10 win seasons were considered bitter disappointments by the end of Les' tenure. Many schools in power conferences with good histories and big money boosters would pay top dollar for 10 win seasons. I'm not saying LSU should be satisfied with these results, but the reality of CFB can be harsh.

"Give the man a chance" is a tired canard. He was an unmitigated failure at Ole Miss, literally setting the program back years. He is an elite D-Line coach and recruiter, but like many position coaches/coordinators, he has never proven to be cut out for a head coaching job. And this is what you fire your national championship-winning, widely admired and beloved coach for?

LSU reportedly spoke to Tee Martin about the OC spot but no deal could be reached.
Unless he wanted more than Aranda, this is unacceptable. You fork over the $$$ to bring in an up-and-coming OC who just happens to be an elite recruiter with his own personal pipeline into Gulfport/Mobile talent base. No I'm really unhappy.

and Guice has declared. Damn this day sucks.
Don't tell me you thought he was going to hang around?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom