LSU and Canada to part ways after bowl game (1 Viewer)

One other thing. When Georgia went conservative in the second half and stopped throwing the ball, they lost the game. I'm afraid that Orgeron won't ever learn that lesson.

Yep. We have Les Miles 2.0.

Any of you think Miles or Orgeron would throw the football downfield on 3rd and long from your own endzone? Georgia did it a few times with s freshman (Fromm). They were not playing conservative at all....until the second half.

I don't get it. What's the justification in keep Canada? The offense wasn't great at all.

No it wasn't. That is why Canada is gone.

But we decided to go backwards and hire the guy who we had last year and a 73 year old. Cutting edge stuff huh????

wonder if we will run the Wing T or the power veer???

But we decided to go backwards and hire the guy who we had last year and a 73 year old. Cutting edge stuff huh????

Lol right. Steve Ensminger was much better and I don't understand why the change. Oh well, back to what worked.

Ensminger improved the offense over Cam which isn't saying a lot, but that's the facts. Miles ran a pro style offense from the 70's, O wants to run a pro style offense from this century. I don't think O will interfere with Ensminger running the offense, I think they will pass a lot more with Brennan at QB. Alabama's offense isn't lights out by any stretch of the imagination. We need consistency. We can't score 50 one game and 10 the next.

So does anyone think coach O will let Ensminger run HIS offense without interference ?

#terracemarshal
Yes, but that's because Ensminger's offense is what O wants. Shea Dixon has said that LSU was upfront with Marshall about the OC position and he's known that Canada was gone for a while now. You have to believe that he's known who the new OC would be or at least what Orgeron wants in an offense, specially since it's the guy who has been his primary recruiter for 3 years now. You have to believe that Chase has been told the same thing. A pro-style offense should be very attractive to a receiver if their goal is to play in the NFL and not rack up stats. LSU has a long history of producing well-rounded WRs for the NFL that run the full tree, catch, block and understand offensive concepts. Running pro-style offenses is a large part of that. The problem is that now you have to recruit the O-Line and QB at an elite level to beat teams like Bama and now UGA. Pro-style schemes don't take advantage of defenses that way. They depend upon talent and execution.

No, that's not why Canada is gone.

I'm not happy with the choice of Ensminger. He's not going to do anything evolutionary, he's on the backside of his career and he doesn't seem to even want the job. However, if I force myself to look at the positive he's a guy familiar with the program, the players, the recruits and he's well-liked by them all. Last season he took the same plays and players that Cameron had and produced significantly better results. Losing to Bama and UF are obviously very visible failures.

Mickey Joseph was an animal running the triple option veer at Shaw when I was there. Maybe he can coach that offense.

Mickey Joseph was an animal running the triple option veer at Shaw when I was there. Maybe he can coach that offense.

Ha ha!! I actually love watching a good triple option team like GA Tech or Navy but I was just making the point that we should be moving forward in our offensive philosophy and not backwards in the timeline of offensive football.

And like I have said previously, I like Ensminger and think he is a great coach and probably a really good OC. It is just seems like we wasted a year with Canada and money and now we start over again. If O wants to run a pro style offense then fine, but we should have started that last year. Now our two young QB's have to learn an all new system. We don't have to run an uptempo spread or whatever just something with modern concepts and be more aggressive and multiple.

It just seems like O got burned by a coach he wasn't familiar with in Canada, and is now 'circling the wagons' so to speak and he is only gonna bring in guys he is comfortable with. Just heard on the radio that O is bringing in former Mandeville High head coach Guy Lecompte to be a 'consultant'. Now I personally know Coach Lecompte and he is a great coach and a great person. It just is bad optics that O brings in his sons former high school coach. Just looks like O is bringing in his buddies. It just is not very exciting.

Ha ha!! I actually love watching a good triple option team like GA Tech or Navy but I was just making the point that we should be moving forward in our offensive philosophy and not backwards in the timeline of offensive football.

And like I have said previously, I like Ensminger and think he is a great coach and probably a really good OC. It is just seems like we wasted a year with Canada and money and now we start over again. If O wants to run a pro style offense then fine, but we should have started that last year. Now our two young QB's have to learn an all new system. We don't have to run an uptempo spread or whatever just something with modern concepts and be more aggressive and multiple.

It just seems like O got burned by a coach he wasn't familiar with in Canada, and is now 'circling the wagons' so to speak and he is only gonna bring in guys he is comfortable with. Just heard on the radio that O is bringing in former Mandeville High head coach Guy Lecompte to be a 'consultant'. Now I personally know Coach Lecompte and he is a great coach and a great person. It just is bad optics that O brings in his sons former high school coach. Just looks like O is bringing in his buddies. It just is not very exciting.

Totally agree here. Why not hire Ensminger last year? I can give two shlitz if it was popular or not. You hire the guy you trust and go from there. You wasted a season on Canada.

And I can tell you with almost certainty that if this will be pro-style and they do not get Narcisse involved next year (in some capacity), he gone. And the cupboard is bare behind him.

I don't get it. What's the justification in keep Canada? The offense wasn't great at all.

It was a new offense using players from a different scheme. O also meddled in it heavily, especially early on and in the ND game, despite promising not to do so. Etling is/was not a good QB. The WR didn't know how to run routes.

It did about as well as it could have with all of the speedbumps it had to face. Give the guy another year with Brennan/Narcisse. Nope, now we go back to what we knew before. At least we out gained and scored against Bama at Bama this year. Ensminger couldn't do that at home the year before.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">New <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/lsufootball?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#lsufootball</a> OC Steve Ensminger and assistant Jerry Sullivan working on 2018 gameplan already! <a href="https://t.co/tWAAC1s5GO">pic.twitter.com/tWAAC1s5GO</a></p>&mdash; Dan Davis (@ATVS_PaulCrewe) <a href="https://twitter.com/ATVS_PaulCrewe/status/950751524786864128?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">January 9, 2018</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

It was a new offense using players from a different scheme. O also meddled in it heavily, especially early on and in the ND game, despite promising not to do so. Etling is/was not a good QB. The WR didn't know how to run routes.

It did about as well as it could have with all of the speedbumps it had to face. Give the guy another year with Brennan/Narcisse. Nope, now we go back to what we knew before. At least we out gained and scored against Bama at Bama this year. Ensminger couldn't do that at home the year before.

Yeah. But in Ensminger's defense he was working with two terrible options at QB. Etling was hurt all year and could barely move, plus he does terrible under pressure which is Bama's specialty. Then you had Harris who couldn't hit the broadside of the barn and was a turnover waiting to happen. So he had to choose between a turd burger and a poop sandwich.

Now I don't know if Brennan or Narcisse is the answer but Brennan has great arm talent and threw for a ton of yards in HS and Narcisse is an athletic freak who can make plays with his feet when things break down and gives you another threat in the run game, like Hurts at Bama.
So he will have better talent to work with at QB, at least at the moment.

Am I the only one that remembers Orgeron clearly saying he wants to run the spread?? I remember him saying that.

If he wanted to run pro style, then the Canada hire was even a bigger screwup....

Am I the only one that remembers Orgeron clearly saying he wants to run the spread?? I remember him saying that.

If he wanted to run pro style, then the Canada hire was even a bigger screwup....
Nope. I recall the same. I remember thinking it was a smart move given that the only offenses that give Alabama issues are spread offenses with mobile QBs.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom