LSU and Canada to part ways after bowl game (1 Viewer)

The only thing I have seen consistently out of O is that he has been consistently unhinged. It is in vogue right now on “that other site” to prefer Aranda over O as our HC... but a cerebral coach with a clear, consistent vision for the program would be nice. A Will Wade for the football program if you will.

Yea well it only took Alleva what three tries to finally get the right basketball coach? Going by that sample, he will hire another dud after O, if given the chance.

I finally got around to listening to Chris Landry's podcast from the 28th and he talks about Canada and O. Paraphrasing his words, he says that Canada has a very strong personality and Orgeron was told/warned of this. All Ed saw was that 40 ppg his offense averaged and a win over Clemson. Canada gets hired and things are moving along well until Miss State. Orgeron wants to eliminate the shifts for the O-Line because of all the freshmen playing. Canada wants to let it roll because they have to learn and mistakes are part of the process. Orgeron nixes it for Troy and we know what happens after that.

Cue the big "meeting" with Alleva and Canada where Alleva basically tells Orgeron to knock it off and let Canada run the offense. This occurs with Canada in the room, in the conversation mind you. After that meeting, Canada tells a few buddies that Alleva put Orgeron in his place (paraphrasing) and this gets back to Orgeron. Alleva, by bringing in Canada to the meeting, basically cut Orgeron's legs out from under him and undermine's his authority. Canada going behind his back and talking (bragging?) only makes it worse. It's at this point that Orgeron tells Alleva that Canada is gone at the end of the season.

Now, Alleva can't fire Orgeron because that was HIS choice. Firing Orgeron tells everyone what we already know, he rushed into the decision out of personal embarrassment. Going in with firing Canada is Orgeron's choice and easier to swallow personally for Alleva. What Orgeron wants is the offense that Ensminger ran last season.

I'm not sure about the rumor of Canada negative recruiting his own school with Corral. That looks bad on him more than LSU and he still wants to be a coach somewhere. I think he even wants to be the coach at LSU if Orgeron will leave him alone. He's burned that bridge, it seems though. Now he's moving on... again.

I finally got around to listening to Chris Landry's podcast from the 28th and he talks about Canada and O. Paraphrasing his words, he says that Canada has a very strong personality and Orgeron was told/warned of this. All Ed saw was that 40 ppg his offense averaged and a win over Clemson. Canada gets hired and things are moving along well until Miss State. Orgeron wants to eliminate the shifts for the O-Line because of all the freshmen playing. Canada wants to let it roll because they have to learn and mistakes are part of the process. Orgeron nixes it for Troy and we know what happens after that.

Cue the big "meeting" with Alleva and Canada where Alleva basically tells Orgeron to knock it off and let Canada run the offense. This occurs with Canada in the room, in the conversation mind you. After that meeting, Canada tells a few buddies that Alleva put Orgeron in his place (paraphrasing) and this gets back to Orgeron. Alleva, by bringing in Canada to the meeting, basically cut Orgeron's legs out from under him and undermine's his authority. Canada going behind his back and talking (bragging?) only makes it worse. It's at this point that Orgeron tells Alleva that Canada is gone at the end of the season.

Now, Alleva can't fire Orgeron because that was HIS choice. Firing Orgeron tells everyone what we already know, he rushed into the decision out of personal embarrassment. Going in with firing Canada is Orgeron's choice and easier to swallow personally for Alleva. What Orgeron wants is the offense that Ensminger ran last season.

I'm not sure about the rumor of Canada negative recruiting his own school with Corral. That looks bad on him more than LSU and he still wants to be a coach somewhere. I think he even wants to be the coach at LSU if Orgeron will leave him alone. He's burned that bridge, it seems though. Now he's moving on... again.
Landry is tweeting this AM that Ensminger doesn't want the OC job, so expect an increase in $$$ and title to have influence with game planning and an outside hire will be made for the actual play-calling. Don't expect an quality, established OC.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Any quality OC will want control of offense and have to view this as a good future and most proved OC type guys don&#39;t view this LSU situation/future as good as fans do...Guys with not as good current situations will view this opportunity better...Hope this helps...</p>&mdash; Chris Landry (@LandryFootball) <a href="https://twitter.com/LandryFootball/status/950062947946164224?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">January 7, 2018</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

now being said on TD that it will be Esminger and Sullivan as Co coordinators. I'm going to lose my ****.

Co-coordinators would be a disaster. Give the OC job to Ensminger and hire Sullivan as a consultant. Mickey Joseph is not a great WR coach....so he can recruit while Sullivan actually does the coaching. I'll take any deadbeat over co-coordinators.

Alleva and Orgeron have turned the team into a dumpster fire. The fact that O wants the offense that scored 0 points against Alabama is just precious.

I DO NOT like the idea of co-coordinators. When has that ever worked???
I can't really think of a time when it has worked successfully.....

I would be okay with Ensminger as the OC, but not with some convoluted co coordinator setup, and especially with a 73 year old Jerry Sullivan as one of them. If they want Sullivan to be a consultant, or just the WR coach then fine, but he can't be both. If Mickey Joseph is such a bad WR coach, then move him to a consultant and make Sullivan the full time WR coach, and then Ensminger as the OC.

But if Ensminger doesn't want to be the OC full time, as has been reported, then go get someone else who WANTS to do it. Ensminger just wants to coach his position and recruit. If you make him OC you are taking one of your best recruiters off the trail.

I'm a coach O fan, but if he does this co-OC stuff then he is making a mistake. We don't need a 73 year old OC.

It's not going to happen, but UGA OC Jim Chaney (formerly of Purdue, Tennessee, etc.) makes $850,000 this year.

Just sayin'...

Several websites just reported that Ensminger is the new OC, which is disappointing in that I don't expect wins over the better SEC teams anytime soon. It's good in that we're a few steps closer to a better HC.

Jerry Sullivan will become an on-staff coach with a yet to be determined title. I would expect Sullivan to be heavily involved with the WR's, which is a very good thing so some bright lights at the end of the tunnel.

Nothing official from LSU yet.

Just because I was expecting this news, doesn&#8217;t mean I accept or like it any easier. I just pray we don&#8217;t revert to Hallman error/era.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom