LSU and Canada to part ways after bowl game (1 Viewer)

The question you really have to ask is the "old" USC offense relevant today? Is it an offense that can win championships???

Saban adjusted with Kiffen and currently uses a dual threat QB. We ran Miles off for what we are about to embark on....
Miles' offense resembled nothing USC has run in twenty plus years.

Orgeron is talking pro-style. Emphasize the running game, short passes and use play action to open downfield passing. You use the TE for more than a 3rd tackle. The FB lines up to block and run the occasional wheel route. You still run a jet sweep, but its kinda rare. This is what every NFL runs, so yeah, it's relevant. LSU will be one of the few dozen schools who can truly say they're prepping kids for the NFL be it O-Line with mixes of the pass and run blocking, zone blocking, etc or receivers who run the full route tree and block downfield. I will give Ensminger credit for taking the tired, predictable Miles/Cameron playbook and making the offense effectively with the playcalling. However, all of this is moot unless a QB steps forward and the receivers are developed.

An article this evening speculates Ensminger as OC and Jerry Sullivan as some kind of offensive mentor. For those who don't know, Sullivan is the Pete Jenkins of WR. I would assume that there is no change in WR coach, but Ensminger works with the QBs and Sullivan is involved with QB's, WR's as a passing coordinator-type coach.

Ultimately it's the result that matters, but there is no way is going out to sign the best OC.

Canada is getting 1.7 of the 3.3 he’s owed. Final figure to be released today.
Interesting.

Why isn’t he getting the total amount he’s due?

Clearly LSU had some leverage here.

The last time LSU had co-coordinators, it was a disaster. We'll see how the two-headed monster works on offense. If O can't do better than 9 wins next year, both he and Alleva should get canned. Normally, I wouldn't be that impatient, but this is the second time in two straight years Alleva has utterly failed at a coaching search with the football program, which far and away is his most important program. The whole point of taking a new direction after Miles was to actually take a NEW direction, and so far we're just repeating the mistakes of the past.

Canada is getting 1.7 of the 3.3 he’s owed. Final figure to be released today.
Interesting.

Why isn’t he getting the total amount he’s due?

Clearly LSU had some leverage here.

Quite possible, either that or Canada possibly has a standing offer at another school and just took what he could before making the move official. It's curious for sure. That's close to half of what he was owed. Hard to imagine walking away from that much money.

Total hearsay, but I heard Canada screwed up with a recruit. Told him not to come to LSU or something of that nature. Kid went to Michigan or Ohio State and somehow it got back to Orgeron. It is rumored that this could be in breach of contract which is why Canada would accept less than his full salary.

Take it or leave it. LSU had some type of leverage one would assume.

Total hearsay, but I heard Canada screwed up with a recruit. Told him not to come to LSU or something of that nature. Kid went to Michigan or Ohio State and somehow it got back to Orgeron. It is rumored that this could be in breach of contract which is why Canada would accept less than his full salary.

I could buy something like this having happened.

If Canada actually did that, then good riddance. We can't have that going on.

If that happened and it leaked, could ruin his career. That's something you should never do and head coaches would think twice about ever hiring him.

Even if he got the full buyout, it would be offset by whatever he gets paid at his new gig like Miles's contract. It's my understanding he gets to keep the entire 1.7 no matter what he makes on his new job. So if he can find another school to pay him 1 million a year for the next two years, he's actually gonna make more than he would have had he just stayed at LSU. So he's kinda betting on himself.

According to sauces from TD, LSU is looking at Sterlin Gilbert as OC.
What's the connection to Orgeron? I think its unlikely O hires another OC he doesn't know, especially one that runs a spread offense. Don't get me wrong, I like what he did at Tulsa and USF and I think he would have been successful at UT given time. Nothing really fits what Orgeron has been telling us with a Gilbert hire.

What's the connection to Orgeron? I think its unlikely O hires another OC he doesn't know, especially one that runs a spread offense. Don't get me wrong, I like what he did at Tulsa and USF and I think he would have been successful at UT given time. Nothing really fits what Orgeron has been telling us with a Gilbert hire.

The only thing I have seen consistently out of O is that he has been consistently unhinged. It is in vogue right now on “that other site” to prefer Aranda over O as our HC... but a cerebral coach with a clear, consistent vision for the program would be nice. A Will Wade for the football program if you will.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom