LSU Basketball Thread (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
Will Wade hasn't coached a single game yet and he's already showing to be the best hire for the basketball program since Dale Brown.

First he comes in and washes out the kids who aren't going to cut it. He already has started getting the school excited for basketball and football season just started. He shows up and brings in one of the best PG prospects in the country in Tremont Waters from CT who wasn't even considering LSU. A couple recruits follow him to LSU instead of VCU and the team has a respectable class to start with. His staff is top notch from top to bottom and they just hired one of the better basketball recruiters this past week, Brian Merritt, who was director of scouting/recruiting for John Lucas Enterprises in Houston.

Now, looking at 2017 he lands one of the best guards in the country (Ja’Vonte Smart) from Scotlandville HS who wasn't considering LSU before, followed by one of the top 15 players in the country, Naz Reid who will almost certainly be a lottery pick after his first season at LSU. Both of these guys play AAU ball together. Of course Naz's girlfriend is Raven Farley of the Lady Tigers, so maybe Nikki Caldwell gets some credit for Naz, too.

Right now, with only two players committed, LSU sits with the #7 class in the country and #1 in the SEC for 2018.

Other targets include PF, Josh LeBlanc of Madison Prep, SF, Kaden Archie from Midlothian, TX and PF Darius Days from Gainesville.

Predictions show Leblanc at 100% and Archie at 90%. If they add just those 2, what do you think the class would end up ranking? Also, we would have a lot of talent at PF to help Waters and Smart. We could probably compete with Kentucky even without Naz with that group.

Every school except Duke has more than two kids committed right now and LSU will sign at least 5, maybe six kids. No way they finish less than Top 15, but adding Archie and LeBlanc right now puts LSU at #1 overall. If Days continues the trend to LSU and commits, then you're looking at a Top 10 class at worst.

Every school except Duke has more than two kids committed right now and LSU will sign at least 5, maybe six kids. No way they finish less than Top 15, but adding Archie and LeBlanc right now puts LSU at #1 overall. If Days continues the trend to LSU and commits, then you're looking at a Top 10 class at worst.

The 2015 class was number 10 with only 3 players, albeit the #1 and #16 players in the nation. Even if this class matches that, there is a much better chance of this class staying together for a few years, and the depth will draw the focus away from any one player, so it should lead to better results.

I believe they have at least one if not more transfers that have to sit this year out. Next year could be the year LSU basketball returns to their glory days.

LSU adds PF Darius Days to the 2019 recruiting class. This is a very big signing and outs LSU into the Top 5 in recruiting for 2019. Adding Josh LeBlanc would give them the #1 class overall the way things stand, but there are a lot of uncommitted kids out there so this is far from final. Will Wade is putting in work, though.

recruiting is definitely on the rise.

LSU will surprise folks this year but not next year cause they'll see em coming.

Sooo... The Will Wade Era officially opened with a bang last night taking the lead early and never trailing, eventually winning by 40 points.

But it was Alcorn State.

11,000+ fans attended the game making it the largest opening night crowd in 20 years.

But tickets were $1.

The Tigers shot 60% from the floor and 57% from 3pt.

Again... Alcorn State.

Seriously though, it was a nice tune up game. I didn't see a bad shot taken all night, although I was watching while reading a book. They really passed the ball around to open up shots very well. I even saw signs of defense being played. Tremont Waters is the real deal making a Damn Strong™ debut with 27 points, 5 rebounds, 6 assists and 5 steals (1 turnover).

It was a good debut. I don't expect great things this season, but there were some very positive things to take away from this considering the offseason turmoil and roster turnover. Samford is up next. They head to Maui next.

Watching LSU/Samford now on SEC+. LSU isn't going to challenge anyone for the league title, but the difference between this year and last is night and day. Waters is a real talent, too. The kid is stealing the ball, starting a run and passing behind the back to send the break with a bruised ankle. Their play is just so much cleaner. A real effort is being made to move the ball around until a **** is created. It's pretty wonderful to watch despite the lack of top talent.

Also, Scott Padgett is the HC at Samford. I really need to see him lose.

We finally have a real basketball coach. Will Wade is the real deal!

I have to say I am really enjoying LSU basketball this season. They beat a good Houston team last night in a solid, all-around game. Houston isn't a threat to win it all exactly, but this is the kind of game that would have seen LSU blown out last season. This year, they out-rebounded the Cougers, showed a lot of grit and some creative offense. They're just a lot of fun to watch.

I have to say I am really enjoying LSU basketball this season. They beat a good Houston team last night in a solid, all-around game. Houston isn't a threat to win it all exactly, but this is the kind of game that would have seen LSU blown out last season. This year, they out-rebounded the Cougers, showed a lot of grit and some creative offense. They're just a lot of fun to watch.

I've been making it a point to watch this year to compare to last year. I didn't get to watch last night because of a company Christmas party, but the other games have been fun to watch. Considering a new coach, system, and players... they are doing well. I think in another year or two, they'll be making a lot more noise.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom