LSU Basketball Thread (4 Viewers)

LSU should've won that game going away if not for the late turnover by Waters with about 40 seconds left and then the mistake on defense where both players released Houston's best shooter simultaneously to give him a wide open 3 pointer. That narrowed the lead to 3 with less than 20 seconds left, and then we got the incredible block by Waters to make amends for his turnover. I think they would've won easily if they had Sampson. That's a good sign, because Houston creamed Arkansas by 26 points a couple of weeks ago, and North Carolina only beat Arkansas by 21 points, so that indicates that Houston is a good team.

Both Naz Reid and Javonte Smart got pretty big rankings boosts in the recruiting rags this week. Reid is the #16 overall player now (up from #24) and the #3 PF. Smart is #32 overall now up from #36 and the #5 combo guard. Darius Days dropped from #60 to #65.

Charges are dropped on Emmitt Williams and schools are back in the hunt. Assuming nothing has changed, LSU is the favorite to land him which would be an epic class for Wade.

That was a good win against Memphis, but LSU didn't rebound well and didn't shoot free throws well, otherwise they would've won that game by a much larger margin. The defense has gotten much better, but Wade needs to put some focus on these 2 areas. Memphis is a good rebounding team, as that's how they kept it close against Louisville as well, but they beat us even more soundly than they beat Louisville, so we need to do better.

They gave Kentucky all they could handle last night. If he can scrap together this competitive of a team in one year with that talent level, I can't wait until next year with the talent they have coming in.

UK was a repeat of the Memphis game. LSU was completely blown off the boards in the second half. Too many time guys were standing around, watching Kentucky play basketball. It was definitely a winnable game. I feel pretty good saying that LSU is NOT going to finish last in the SEC this year.

Big game versus TAMU up next...

Tremont Waters from Steph Curry range to beat the Aggies by 1.

26232964_1560093047412162_1123140451244209178_o.png

Prior to the game, BPI gave Arkansas a 82% chance of winning the game. At the half, LSU is up on Arkansas, the best shooting team in the SEC.

LSU 41
Ark 21

LSU looking very good right now at the quietest Bud Walton Arena I have ever witnessed. Tigers are shooting 56% from the floor. The Hogs are shooting a terrible 18%. Not all of that is the LSU defense, but the Tigers are beating the press and definitely have the Hogs off their game.

Prior to the game, BPI gave Arkansas a 82% chance of winning the game. At the half, LSU is up on Arkansas, the best shooting team in the SEC.

LSU 41
Ark 21

LSU looking very good right now at the quietest Bud Walton Arena I have ever witnessed. Tigers are shooting 56% from the floor. The Hogs are shooting a terrible 18%. Not all of that is the LSU defense, but the Tigers are beating the press and definitely have the Hogs off their game.
LSU up 25 points with 1:30 left in front of a half empty Bud Walton Arena. As a team they had 18 assists on 29 made shots. Arkansas was lethargic and LSU took advantage. Waters specifically, I don't think I have ever seen a more impressive 8pts, 5 rebs and 8 asts from a player than what I saw from Waters tonight. He was the best player on the floor and controlled both ends of the floor for the full game.

This was one of the best LSU basketball games I’ve seen in a long time. People need to start watching these guys and get excited.

This was one of the best LSU basketball games I’ve seen in a long time. People need to start watching these guys and get excited.

Waters’ vision is amazing! His teammates are also doing a great job of being prepared to receive the passes and getting open. I love how they’re moving the ball around. I also love that multiple players that will drive and multiple players can shoot 3s well.

Waters’ vision is amazing! His teammates are also doing a great job of being prepared to receive the passes and getting open. I love how they’re moving the ball around. I also love that multiple players that will drive and multiple players can shoot 3s well.

Waters has that "it" factor and appears to see what's going to happen on the court before it does, in the same vein as CP3 and LeBron. Obviously he doesn't have either's physical gifts (5'11" appears to be pushing it) but it was clear from that first game against Alcorn State that he is something special. He's been the best player on the team from the moment he stepped on the floor.

The fact that he might actually stay at LSU a few years and play with the blue chip incoming freshman that are waiting in the wings is a scary thought for a mediocre SEC. It's hard to believe how quickly Wade turned this team around considering how far it had fallen under Jones.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom