LSU Basketball Thread (3 Viewers)

Alleva might not know squat about running a football program, but he nailed this basketball hire!

Waters has that "it" factor and appears to see what's going to happen on the court before it does, in the same vein as CP3 and LeBron. Obviously he doesn't have either's physical gifts (5'11" appears to be pushing it) but it was clear from that first game against Alcorn State that he is something special. He's been the best player on the team from the moment he stepped on the floor.

The fact that he might actually stay at LSU a few years and play with the blue chip incoming freshman that are waiting in the wings is a scary thought for a mediocre SEC. It's hard to believe how quickly Wade turned this team around considering how far it had fallen under Jones.

CP3 and Jason Kidd are good comparisons, because they are constantly looking to pass, butvare good scorers, but I wouldn’t put Labron in the amazing passer category. I’m not sure that Labron makes everyone around him better. He just dominates games so others don’t have to elevate their games. Waters has made everyone look better. He’s like Drew Brees even down to the size disadvantage that he overcomes with talent. I wonder if he’ll still be the main point guard when Smart gets here?

gotta admit... the only sport i care about at lsu is basketball and these boys are not missing that Simmons guy at all!

After the recent terrible seasons, I had pretty much completely tuned out LSU basketball. When I started hearing that the new coach has brought some much needed fire to the team, I began paying a little more attention. I watched some of the Arkansas game last night and I was rather impressed with what I saw. I think I'll check out more of their games as the season progresses.

Waters has had a couple of poor games recently, which is what I expected from a freshman. He was playing well above the already high expectations. I think he'll become more consistent as the season goes, and he'll continue to make this a fun season to watch.

Between football and basketball, I wish we could play TAMU every week...

LSU adds the #8 PF in the country this week with the commitment of Emmitt Williams bring LSU to #3 in the country and #1 in the SEC. Williams has been described as a "high energy" player who over the summer averaged 17.1 points and 11.3 rebounds while shooting 63.1 percent from the field and 48.3 percent from 3-point range. This commitment was expected much sooner, but he faced sexual battery and false imprisonment charges during the early signing period and teams backed off publicly. The charges have since been dropped.

Thus far they're adding PF Naz Reid, SG Ja'Vonte Smart and best friend of DB Kelvin Joseph), PF Darius Days and now PF Emmitt Williams to this recruiting class. PF Kavell Bigby-Williams is a transfer from Oregon that is sitting out this year and will play next year and there have been rumors of adding JUCO transfer C Yuat Alok. LSU is NOT going to get pushed around the paint next season.

Emmitt Williams has officially joined LSU now. Brandon Sampson sees the writing on the wall and has announced he's going Pro, too. That gives LSU another scholarship for this class now.

I think we're looking at a starting five of...

PG: Waters
SG: Smart
SF: Williams
PF: Reid
C: Bigby-Williams

Days, Rachal, Mays and Edwards coming in off the bench and suddenly this team has a completely different look than the past season. If Wade gets them playing together, they're going to win a lot of games. I haven't been this excited about LSU basketball after a season since I was a kid.

Folks talking about LSU in the hunt next year. Final four not out of the realm of possibility

I haven't been this excited about LSU basketball after a season since I was a kid.

I still have the Sporting News mag with CJ, Stanly Roberts and Shaq on the cover. It's a prized possession.

Welp...

Tremont Waters has declared for the NBA draft. As long as he doesn't sign with an agent, he can make the choice to return by May 30th. There are 181 people who have declared for the NBA out of 62 draft choices.

Welp...

Tremont Waters has declared for the NBA draft. As long as he doesn't sign with an agent, he can make the choice to return by May 30th. There are 181 people who have declared for the NBA out of 62 draft choices.

I think that article is a bit misleading with the “declare” word. While maybe technically that’s what they call it, he is really just saying he wants to go through the evaluation process to get an opinion as to where he might be picked should he enter the draft.

This would be a tremendous loss for LSU with their great class coming in. Waters would make all these guys better. I hope he stays. I think the advice he gets will be to stay in college another year. As good as he is, guys that small are few and far between in the pros.

That's basically what I got out of the article, although there is probably a better word for it that "declare". That's probably more accurately used by the NFL, which is more popular and the lexicon is bleeding over. I believe that Waters will be able to attend the NBA combine and get feed back from scouts, but as long as he doesn't sign with an agent he can return to college. I'd like to see the NFL do something similar. Then maybe we'd see more of these guys go undrafted after declaring.

I fully expect to see Waters at LSU for at least a couple more years.

That's basically what I got out of the article, although there is probably a better word for it that "declare". That's probably more accurately used by the NFL, which is more popular and the lexicon is bleeding over. I believe that Waters will be able to attend the NBA combine and get feed back from scouts, but as long as he doesn't sign with an agent he can return to college. I'd like to see the NFL do something similar. Then maybe we'd see more of these guys go undrafted after declaring.

I fully expect to see Waters at LSU for at least a couple more years.

The football players actually have a similar option where they get evaluated and get an opinion on whether to go out or not. LSU has more juniors declare for the draft than any other school, which is good and bad I guess.

I hope Waters comes back. He will be missing a possible great college experience to end up in some minor league in Lithuania or something.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom