LSU Basketball Thread (2 Viewers)

The football players actually have a similar option where they get evaluated and get an opinion on whether to go out or not. LSU has more juniors declare for the draft than any other school, which is good and bad I guess.

I hope Waters comes back. He will be missing a possible great college experience to end up in some minor league in Lithuania or something.
We'll, the football players get a grade of 1st, 2nd or go back in December which is just dumb. So many kids still improve between the and the draft, plus you have the combine and medical evaluations they do not take part in. I'd like to see the Combine a little earlier and then week after the cutoff for returning to college.

LSU also got a commitment from 6-6 SF/PF Marion Taylor from Panola College. He's ridiculously athletic and still learning the game I have read. The videos show a guy who can jump out of the gym that plays agressive. He's always crashing the boards offensively and defensively it seems. I think he looks like a more physical Brandon Sampson. Last season he averaged 16 ppg and 9 rpg. He will have 3 years to play 2 seasons.

Note the head in close proximity to the rim.

Attachments

• DO7jU1hUIAAp8yp.jpg
    DO7jU1hUIAAp8yp.jpg
    132 KB · Views: 2
Welp...

Tremont Waters has declared for the NBA draft. As long as he doesn't sign with an agent, he can make the choice to return by May 30th. There are 181 people who have declared for the NBA out of 62 draft choices.

Supposedly Waters did not even get invite to nba combine which is good for LSU’s chances to have him back next year.

The NBA is so much different from the NFL in that there are so few roster spots on a team. Second round NBA picks sometimes struggle to make the roster.

As good as Waters is, there are very few players his size in the NBA. I was really surprised he was thinking about going pro. I think he is one of those players who is a great college player but not big enough for the NBA.

He’s really good though, so it’s not out of the question. He will benefit from another year in college. So will LSU. I think LSU could have a very good team next year, but they need him back running the offense.

Neither Waters nor Sampson received invites to the combine...

Waters is returning to LSU. Doesn't hurt to test the "waters", but excited he's coming back.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom