Major League Baseball 2024 (5 Viewers)

The wildest thing about that was that it was his only at bat in the series - he could barely get around the bases.

So yeah a walk-off comeback 2-out HR is very similar. But Gibson’s was a pinch hit by the team’s injured star/leader. That’s two extra layers of legendary.
I am still pissed at Gibson for that.

I loathe the Dodgers and I even have to admit that was amazing
I loathe the Dodgers and their fans as well, but not as much as I loathe the Great Satan that is the Yankees (and their horrible, entitled fans), so I smiled when Freeman slaughtered them with that grand slam.

I hope they win the series for Valenzuela, a great player and great human being...and to heap more insult on the most disgusting franchise in all of professional sports.

But I still HATE the fact that the series is between the two franchises who yearly cheat the system to overspend the rest of the league. While it's "within the rules" as they are, it's still cheating in reality.

I'm sure that New York is going to roast Aaron Boone for this. When they said that they're intentionally walking Betts to get to Freeman I couldn't believe it.
Please correct me if I’m wrong, but didn’t the Ohtani foul out allow the runners to advance to 2nd and 3rd, because the fielder fell into the stands and was not allowed to throw the ball back into play, per MLB rules (runners are limited to 1 base as I understand it)?

I can “kinda” see walking the bases loaded to set up a force out situation, but I don’t get having a reliever out there who hadn’t pitched in over 30 days.

Again, if I’m misremembering, correct me. I was mostly asleep at the time.

Please correct me if I’m wrong, but didn’t the Ohtani foul out allow the runners to advance to 2nd and 3rd, because the fielder fell into the stands and was not allowed to throw the ball back into play, per MLB rules (runners are limited to 1 base as I understand it)?

I can “kinda” see walking the bases loaded to set up a force out situation, but I don’t get having a reliever out there who hadn’t pitched in over 30 days.

Again, if I’m misremembering, correct me. I was mostly asleep at the time.

That's what happened. The problems began with the ex-cub factor, Gleyber Torres goofing a ground ball. An out there would have allowed the Yankees to intentionally walk Ohtani to get to Mookie Betts with that pitcher who is awesome against right handed batters. Instead, they walked Betts and brought in a guy who hadn't pitched in a long time who isn't even a relief pitcher.

Even with the goof at second base, I don't like walking Betts to get to Freeman.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom