Mayock's top 5 at each position (1 Viewer)

WOW! I just watched Floyd against Florida State. Very impressive! Probably one of his better games. He uses his hands really well, fights off blocks, plays with leverage, keeps his feet, and pursues really well. He had some things that were not perfect but he played a very solid game. I still think that Richardson is better but I think Floyd is another guy who could be a factor as a 3-4 DE in that 3-tech role for our 1-gap scheme.
hey 60minutes, I keep seeing people saying Rob runs a 1gap and some saying he runs a 2gap. Do you know which it is for sure? Do you have a link? thanks a lot man.

hey 60minutes, I keep seeing people saying Rob runs a 1gap and some saying he runs a 2gap. Do you know which it is for sure? Do you have a link? thanks a lot man.

Well, a couple of things. Rob has run both the 1-gap and 2-gap schemes. He has also run a hybrid scheme, where he has run a 2-gap scheme up front but has mixed in a version of the "46" defense. In New Orleans, he will run a 1-gap scheme. This is what Sean Payton said during the interview he had on Sirius. He spoke exclusively about the advantages of the scheme, based on our personnel (i.e. Vilma). And he contrasted the value of this scheme for us versus running the traditional 2-gap scheme you see teams like the Patriots run. I do not have a link but if you run a search, someone has posted the interview in the thread concerning Payton being on Sirius.

Edit: I could very well see Richardson or Floyd being his pick. If so, then a guy like Chase Thomas would be a smart pick in the third unless we took a flyer on an offensive tackle or WR like Da'Rick Rogers.

Well, a couple of things. Rob has run both the 1-gap and 2-gap schemes. He has also run a hybrid scheme, where he has run a 2-gap scheme up front but has mixed in a version of the "46" defense. In New Orleans, he will run a 1-gap scheme. This is what Sean Payton said during the interview he had on Sirius. He spoke exclusively about the advantages of the scheme, based on our personnel (i.e. Vilma). And he contrasted the value of this scheme for us versus running the traditional 2-gap scheme you see teams like the Patriots run. I do not have a link but if you run a search, someone has posted the interview in the thread concerning Payton being on Sirius.

Edit: I could very well see Richardson or Floyd being his pick. If so, then a guy like Chase Thomas would be a smart pick in the third unless we took a flyer on an offensive tackle or WR like Da'Rick Rogers.
Yea I REALLY want Richardson. I have a feeling he will come in and put up 15+ sacks in the 1 gap right off the bat similar to what JJ Watt did this year. I would want Brandon Jenkins in the 3rd or someone like Trevardo Williams in the 5th.

http://saintsreport.com/forums/f2/draft-prospect-olb-trevardo-williams-285675/#.UR8Su_UqcdQ

Where would that leave Hicks and Jordan though?
Jordan at end, Bunkley at NT, Richardson at end and Hicks has the versatility to be an above aberage back up at all 3 spots. Then we can start Galette and Tez and get a late rounder or two for competition.

Richardson IMO is a talent we can't pass up, he is elite in almost every facet. Only concern for me with him is his lower body strength but that can be improved and he has TREMENDOUS speed and burst for a guy his size.

Jordan at end, Bunkley at NT, Richardson at end and Hicks has the versatility to be an above aberage back up at all 3 spots. Then we can start Galette and Tez and get a late rounder or two for competition.

Richardson IMO is a talent we can't pass up, he is elite in almost every facet. Only concern for me with him is his lower body strength but that can be improved and he has TREMENDOUS speed and burst for a guy his size.

If hes that good he'll go in the top ten above Star and Floyd or has he got some off the field issues or mental weaknesses?

If hes that good he'll go in the top ten above Star and Floyd or has he got some off the field issues or mental weaknesses?
He has some character concerns. IMO Star is number 1 because of his TREMENDOUS strength but then its not even close; its Richardson. Richardson speaks out a lot, for example he does not like Georgia football. He has Sherman-esque character concerns which I would not have a problem with. Also, with Richardson the only places he will really produce JJ Watt numbers IMO is a 4-3 or a 1 gap D. He does not fit in a 2 gap and it would be a horrible fit IMO. Only one team besides us runs a true 1 gap and that is the Texans.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/blog/eye-on-college-football/20035815

"I watched that game. I turned it off, too," Richardson said. "It's* like watching Big Ten football. It's old-man football."

Here to getting a player from each position on Mayock's list. The player(s) I'm most interested in, is someone who can keep the adversary QB on the ground.

He has some character concerns. IMO Star is number 1 because of his TREMENDOUS strength but then its not even close; its Richardson. Richardson speaks out a lot, for example he does not like Georgia football. He has Sherman-esque character concerns which I would not have a problem with.

Missouri DT Sheldon Richardson says Georgia plays 'old-man football' - CBSSports.com

So if Jordan, Jarvis, Mingo and Richardson were all still there at 15 you'd go for Richardson?

So if Jordan, Jarvis, Mingo and Richardson were all still there at 15 you'd go for Richardson?
I would only go with Jarvis over him because he is way too proven of a playmaker to pass up.
I would go with Richardson over Jordan and Mingo. Also, with Richardson the only places he could really produce JJ Watt numbers IMO is a 4-3 or a 1 gap 3-4 D. He does not fit in a 2 gap and it would be a horrible fit IMO. Only one team besides us runs a true 1 gap and that is the Texans.

I just saw Jordan on NFL network "showing his moves" to Willie Mcginest? He looks huge, he made that Andrew Siciliano guy look like a dwarf! :ezbill:

QB:
Geno Smith
Barkley
Glennon
Tyler Wilson
Ryan Nassib

RB:
Eddie Lacey
Giovani Bernard
Monte Ball
Andre Ellington
Lattiomore

WR:
Keenan Allen
Cordarelle Patterson
Deandre Hopkins
Tavon Austin
Justin Hunter

T:
Joeckel
Fisher
Lane Johnson
Dallas Thomas
Melenik Watson/DJ Fluker

G/C:
Chance Warmack
Johnathan Cooper
Barret Jones
Larry Warford
Kyle Long

DT:
Star
Sheldon Richardson
John Hankins
Sharrif Floyd
Jessie Williams/John Jenkins

DE:
Bjoern Werner
Damontre Moore
Ezekiel Ansah
Datone Jones
Sam Montgomery

OLB:
Jarvis Jones
Dion Jordan
Mingo
Alex Okafor
Khasheem Green

ILB:
Minter
Ogletree
Teo
Arthur Brown
Kevin Reddick

CB:
Dee Milliner
Johnathan Banks
Xavier Rhodes
Desmond Trufant
Jordan Poyer

S:
Matt Elam
Kenny Vaccaro
Phillip Thomas/Bacarri Rambo
Eric Reid
Tony Jefferson

QB:
Geno Smith
Barkley
Glennon
Tyler Wilson
Ryan Nassib

RB:
Eddie Lacey
Giovani Bernard
Monte Ball
Andre Ellington
Lattiomore

WR:
Keenan Allen
Cordarelle Patterson
Deandre Hopkins
Tavon Austin
Justin Hunter

T:
Joeckel
Fisher
Lane Johnson
Dallas Thomas
Melenik Watson/DJ Fluker

G/C:
Chance Warmack
Johnathan Cooper
Barret Jones
Larry Warford
Kyle Long

DT:
Star
Sheldon Richardson
John Hankins
Sharrif Floyd

DE:
Bjoern Werner
Damontre Moore
Ezekiel Ansah
Datone Jones
Sam Montgomery

OLB:
Jarvis Jones
Dion Jordan
Mingo
Alex Okafor
Khasheem Green

ILB:
Minter
Ogletree
Teo
Arthur Brown
Kevin Reddick

CB:
Dee Milliner
Johnathan Banks
Xavier Rhodes
Desmond Trufant
Jordan Poyer

S:
Matt Elam
Kenny Vaccaro
Phillip Thomas
Eric Reid
Tony Jefferson

Do you not rate Baccari Rambo?

QB:
Geno Smith
Barkley
Glennon
Tyler Wilson
Ryan Nassib

RB:
Eddie Lacey
Giovani Bernard
Monte Ball
Andre Ellington
Lattiomore

WR:
Keenan Allen
Cordarelle Patterson
Deandre Hopkins
Tavon Austin
Justin Hunter

T:
Joeckel
Fisher
Lane Johnson
Dallas Thomas
Melenik Watson/DJ Fluker

G/C:
Chance Warmack
Johnathan Cooper
Barret Jones
Larry Warford
Kyle Long

DT:
Star
Sheldon Richardson
John Hankins
Sharrif Floyd

DE:
Bjoern Werner
Damontre Moore
Ezekiel Ansah
Datone Jones
Sam Montgomery

OLB:
Jarvis Jones
Dion Jordan
Mingo
Alex Okafor
Khasheem Green

ILB:
Minter
Ogletree
Teo
Arthur Brown
Kevin Reddick

CB:
Dee Milliner
Johnathan Banks
Xavier Rhodes
Desmond Trufant
Jordan Poyer

S:
Matt Elam
Kenny Vaccaro
Phillip Thomas/Bacarri Rambo
Eric Reid
Tony Jefferson

How did you determine your list?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom