Michael Huff (1 Viewer)

BoNcHiE

Every team's Elixor
Reaction score
Extremely talented physical freak who never lived up to it.

Yet more proof measurables are a crapshoot.

bornnraisedwhodat

More than 15K posts served!
Reaction score
I'd love him, especially on a 1 year prove it deal. Not sure if I trust him with big $$$'s. Versatile, can play safety and CB in a pinch.

CRESS_137

Formerly known as Born_A_Saint
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Never panned out in Oaktown.
I'm interested to see how he would do in a more stable organization.

TruSaint

SR is my life!
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Strong Safety
6"1 205
4.37 40yd
40.5" vertical
He was known as an immediate playmaker at Texas.

Reaction score
Correct me if I'm wrong, but in 2012, didn't the Raiders have one of the only secondaries in the NFL that was worse than ours? And they cut this guy? That doesn't give me a lot of confidence in what he could contribute.

Kurgan

Ked' sme sami som tak rád
Reaction score
He played cornerback last year because of all the injuries in oakland and was a better cb than asomugha. But yeah he's a safety and a good one (better than the CRAP we have for sure). If we could choose between him and asomugha, at the same price? You take him and run..pity that he'll want way more money than nnamdi.

Yeah yeah let the red thumbs come :ezbill:

Hanau Eepe Saint

Will Hill's #1 fan
Reaction score
From PFF:

After the tough first game, Huff continued to show improvement and seemed to make the position switch official when he picked up three passes defensed and an interception (and a +2.3 coverage grade) against the Atlanta Falcons’ wide receiver duo of Roddy White and Julio Jones in Week 6. Huff finished the season at cornerback and graded at +2.1 at his new home. It was an impressive performance as he performed admirably at a position where most safeties would be exploited.
When you add it all up, opponents completed only 53 percent of passes into Huff’s coverage and he finished with nine passes defensed and two interceptions. All of this came two years removed from Huff grading at +17.2 as our No. 2 safety in the league, and one year removed from his strong play when filling in as the team’s slot cornerback. He’s essentially succeeded in three different positions over a three-year period.
We could definitely do worse..

Nightshade

Super Forum Fanatic
Reaction score
Correct me if I'm wrong, but in 2012, didn't the Raiders have one of the only secondaries in the NFL that was worse than ours? And they cut this guy? That doesn't give me a lot of confidence in what he could contribute.
Not really he was the only decent player they had I'm the secondary last year. He was a cap casulaty along with the Raiders trying to younger and less expensive on defense.

Reaction score
Not really he was the only decent player they had I'm the secondary last year. He was a cap casulaty along with the Raiders trying to younger and less expensive on defense.
Yeah, that combined with what Hanau Eepe Saint quoted from PFT is certainly encouraging. I don't know how much he'd be asking, but he'd be an upgrade over anyone in our secondary except for maybe Lewis or Greer.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Dan in Lafayette Saints vs Panthers Thursday Injury Report, Michael Thomas Did Not Practice SR News Page Articles 0
If no Michael Thomas again this Sunday then more of Marquez Callaway Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 8
Saints' Michael Thomas held out of Thursday practice with ankle and hamstring injuries Saints RSS News Feeds 0
ktmoze Saints WR Michael Thomas headlines the Thursday Injury Report Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 13
Michael Thomas not seen at Saints practice Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Michael Thomas not at practice portion open to media Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 18
Andrus Saints coach Sean Payton says WR Michael Thomas' discipline is over SR News Page Articles 0
Andrus Saints vs. Panthers injury report: Michael Thomas limited with new injury SR News Page Articles 0
Saints-Panthers Injury Report: Michael Thomas now dealing with hamstring issue Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Saints' Michael Thomas limited with hamstring injury in addition to ankle; 4 miss practice Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Michael Thomas now listed with hamstring injury along with ankle Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Saints vs Panthers Wednesday injury report: Michael Thomas dealing with a hamstring Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Michael Thomas' discipline from Saints is over, but will he play Sunday? Sean Payton declines to say Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Sean Payton: Michael Thomas’ discipline over, we’ll see if ankle’s OK Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Saints' Michael Hodges navigating wild first season as linebackers coach Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Fleur-de-Links, October 19: Michael Thomas says he will return next week Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Deuuuuce Where does Michael Thomas rank amongst the greats Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 35
Dan in Lafayette Michael Thomas On First Take: I’ll Be Back Next Week SR News Page Articles 0
Saints WR Michael Thomas says he'll be back next week for Panthers game Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Sean Payton sends right message with Michael Thomas fine Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Report: Michael Thomas held out of Chargers game and fined, not suspended by Saints Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Andrus Michael Thomas breaks silence on suspension for punching Saints teammate prior to Week 6 SR News Page Articles 0
ndcc Saints Michael Thomas breaks his silence Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 51
Saints didn’t suspend Michael Thomas Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Do the Saints have a Michael Thomas problem? Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Michael Thomas' return among five things Saints need for a post-bye reboot Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Drew Brees on Michael Thomas suspension: “We’re going to be all good” Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Drew Brees addresses Michael Thomas suspension: 'We're going to be all good' Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Saint Kamara Michael Thomas has 17 yards receiving, Saints offense is averaging 30.6 ppg Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 9
Saint Kamara Michael Thomas' return will be more than welcome Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 12
Dan in Lafayette Chargers vs. Saints injury report, betting odds: Michael Thomas out, Joey Bosa questionable SR News Page Articles 0
Michael Thomas, C.J. Gardner-Johnson altercation results in Thomas not playing Monday Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Report: Saints WR Michael Thomas ruled out for Monday night after altercation with teammate Saints RSS News Feeds 0
UPDATE: Saints WR Michael Thomas OUT vs. Chargers, apparent disciplinary issue cited Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Saints rule out WR Michael Thomas for Monday's game against Chargers: report Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Saints rule out Michael Thomas for Monday night Saints RSS News Feeds 0