Mike Triplett/NOF’s projected 2024 Saints Offensive Line going into OTA installs (1 Viewer)

He just finished working with Duke. Underhill said he talked to Duke about TP and he said he was doing well and he was making progress SMH
Right. According to Underhill on New Orleans Football on 3/29/2024, Penning was working with Manyweather again since the end of the 2023 season (Link behind paywall).

Manyweather keeps up with Penning, and has commented about Penning on X from time to time. Here's Manyweather directly fielding a question from a Saints fan, right after Penning was benched last season:

executive order 12333
@killahnola
Oct 15, 2023
@BigDuke50 What is wrong with Trevor Penning, are his problems fixable?
Duke Manyweather
@BigDuke50
Oct 16, 2023
Penning is actually a good example of what I was talking about yesterday! He is a big and athletic dude with bad intentions, sometimes coaches almost over coach those type of guys because they think they have a higher ceiling, what I’ve seen work, is you let those guys do what they do and self-organize. As a coach you fine tune and help them make it as efficient as possible so that they can replicate it! The more [shirt] you pile on, the further you get them away from their “super power”

Last edited:
The new coaching staff hasn't had a chance to evaluate Penning and Saldiveri other than video study and their own draft prep work from their previous teams.

The one guy who is back this year is Jahri Evans. It makes me wonder if he may have had a difference of opinion on some of the guys last year than Marrone. His opinions may be why the Saints haven't rushed out to do more in free agency on the left side.

It's certainly going to be interesting.

Right side is good. LG doesn’t look as concerning as LT. Saldiveri’s athletic fit for zone scheme and Lemieux’s zone scheme experience & LG starter history feels at least serviceable at LG compared to not knowing what to expect out of LT right now. Maybe the 2.4M cap savings coming after June 1 could contribute to signing another vet LT just before minicamp.

IMG_8551.jpeg

We'll see they have better intel than me but Oli Udoh played RG in 2021 w/ the Vikings under Kubiak. I don't see him playing either of the T positions. I suppose he could, and he's listed there but idk. Even Sigler has correctly identified that Udoh is a career RG. Idk, I still think with a new offensive staff, slotting guys in where they were best fits in a previous offense is just asking to be incorrect. New eyes should be trying guys out at new positions, that's my story and I'm sticking too it.

The new coaching staff hasn't had a chance to evaluate Penning and Saldiveri other than video study and their own draft prep work from their previous teams.

The one guy who is back this year is Jahri Evans. It makes me wonder if he may have had a difference of opinion on some of the guys last year than Marrone. His opinions may be why the Saints haven't rushed out to do more in free agency on the left side.

It's certainly going to be interesting.
Or why guys like Udoh, Lemieux and Herron were brought in as stop gaps.

I think people will be surprised with how well the UNIT plays together with these selected patch work guys who are familiar with the blocking system mixed in with talented players like Penning, Ruiz, McCoy and Saldiveri.

We'll see they have better intel than me but Oli Udoh played RG in 2021 w/ the Vikings under Kubiak. I don't see him playing either of the T positions. I suppose he could, and he's listed there but idk. Even Sigler has correctly identified that Udoh is a career RG. Idk, I still think with a new offensive staff, slotting guys in where they were best fits in a previous offense is just asking to be incorrect. New eyes should be trying guys out at new positions, that's my story and I'm sticking too it.
Oli Udoh was backup RT & LT in ‘19-‘20 in Minnesota before he started at RG for them in 2021. Janocko was his asst OL coach in ‘19. He started 1 game at LT in 2023 too. He’s the better, or more trusted, backup LT between him and Justin Herron right now unless another backup vet LT is signed.

I think Udoh would get the start at RG if Ruiz went down though. He seems like our top backup OL at the moment because of his starting exp at RG, RT and LT.

Last edited:
Oli Udoh was backup RT & LT in ‘19-‘20 in Minnesota before he started at RG for them in 2021. Janocko was his asst OL coach in ‘19. He started 1 game at LT in 2023 too. He’s the better, or more trusted, backup LT between him and Justin Herron right now unless another backup vet LT is signed.

I think Udoh would get the start at RG if Ruiz went down though. He seems like our top backup OL at the moment because of his starting exp at RG, RT and LT.
Fair enough.

First round, Forth round, Second round, First round, First round. That's a lot of talent. If we can just see it on the field.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom