Mississippi has no vehicle inspection and its starting to show. (1 Viewer)

staphory

Staff member
Super Moderator
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
The state got rid of vehicle inspections a few years ago. I started noticing more vehicles with no exhaust, then Mustangs with full on race pipes basically running hot laps on the street in front of my house. Now, I am seeing a lot of cars with no headlights. Not burned out bulbs, physically removed headlight housing.
Sometimes I se a car with no fenders, hood, lights, or exhaust.
It is barely running when it comes by. It won’t even idle.

I think Louisiana is trying to get rid of brake tags too, can't wait

Thirteen states have no vehicle inspection: Alaska, Arkansas, Iowa, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Montana, North Dakota, South Carolina, South Dakota, Florida, Washington, and Wyoming.

Doesn’t matter. La still has it but my car insurance for the vehicle I keep in NOLA continues to rise, despite the fact that I have no moving violations or citations for over the past decade. All about the Zip Code.

Guess I’m having to pay for the automobiles that are regularly on the roads lacking, body panels, front caps, head lamps, tail lights, turn signals, and drivers who think stop signs and traffic lights are mere suggestions.

I think Louisiana is trying to get rid of brake tags too, can't wait
I love having to pay to prove my car is suitable to drive on the roads that are unsuitable for my car. It's a complete joke. Only a portion of the population bothers with it anyway. There's a bunch of uninsured beaters on the road at present.

My brake tag is from 2019. I usually get a new one once every 6 or 7 years..

I got in the habit of getting one every year because I used to frequently get off the Expressway on the Carrolton exit that looped through what is now Costco. NOPD used to regularly set up Brake Tag check points so I had to make sure mine was valid. But, I'm pretty sure that NOPD no longer enforces traffic laws. The City just takes what they can get from the traffic cameras.

I got in the habit of getting one every year because I used to frequently get off the Expressway on the Carrolton exit that looped through what is now Costco. NOPD used to regularly set up Brake Tag check points so I had to make sure mine was valid. But, I'm pretty sure that NOPD no longer enforces traffic laws. The City just takes what they can get from the traffic cameras.

I am thinking of breaking down and getting one soon now that the state troopers are in town. I'm not sure if they got the memo that we don't really do that here.

Thirteen states have no vehicle inspection: Alaska, Arkansas, Iowa, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Montana, North Dakota, South Carolina, South Dakota, Florida, Washington, and Wyoming.

Wonder what those insurance rates look like in those states.

I love having to pay to prove my car is suitable to drive on the roads that are unsuitable for my car. It's a complete joke. Only a portion of the population bothers with it anyway. There's a bunch of uninsured beaters on the road at present.
My anti braketag origin story....way back in 2003-04ish I went in to get a new Brake Tag at a spot in New Orleans....I was given a reject slip becuase 1 of the 2 lights that illuminate the REFLECTIVE license plate was burned out. Dude offered to replace the burnt out light on the spot for $40 while attempting to charge me an additional 20 for the brake tag. Left on the spot and never attempted on my own to get a tag ever again. Since then, if the dealer didn't put one on for me during the purchase...I never handled it on my own.

I loved when they were doing road work between NO East and Slidell which resulted in rocks getting thrown all over teh interstate cracking everyone's windsheild...then you go in for a Brake tag and they tell you that your windsheild is cracked and you can't get a BT.

Like WTH?

Knowking Louisiana, DOTD and Safelite have a handshake deal in place where they LA/DOTD/Contractors scour the roads before doing the roadwork but never bring in a sweeper to clear the debris...any damages caused brings in more business for the repair companies.

Also fun fact that'll piss you off about the state trooper inpsection sticker checkpoints. Brake tag revenue goes to the State Troopers

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom