Mississippi has no vehicle inspection and its starting to show. (1 Viewer)

My brake tag is from 2019. I usually get a new one once every 6 or 7 years..

If you're in the New Orleans metro, be careful of driving in Gretna with an expired brake tag. They'll auto-run your plate while you're sitting in traffic and zap you for what was a $300 ticket 7-8 years ago.

My plate got auto-run this way back in 2005 in Baton Rouge. No moving violations or anything untoward -- cop was just sitting behind me in traffic and auto-ran my plate. That was my introduction to automatic plate-scanners.

Yes, I keep up with my brake tag these days.

Texas only requires inspections for those living in the big cities like Houston, Dallas, Ft. Worth, San Antonio, and such. They aren't required in the small towns. Tempts me to move to one...

Is that right?

I read that Texas has an inspection requirement for all vehicles, it is the emissions test that is required only in the cities. But the inspection requirement is going away for all of Texas in 2025, though the emissions check for the 17 urban counties will remain.

I think some people call an inspection sticker a brake tag and others call your registration sticker on you plate a brake tag. Depends on where you grew up.
i see, its inspection sticker here, they check lights, horn, insurance - brakes and exhaust are not looked at

and before expires it peels off your windshield lol

What kills me about the brake tags is that there are cars on the road w/ obvious failing criteria, burned out headlight...missing headlight, limo window tint on the entire front windsheild/cracks across the windsheild...but hey they got a brake tag so they're good to go!!!

i see, its inspection sticker here, they check lights, horn, insurance - brakes and exhaust are not looked at

and before expires it peels off your windshield lol

Each inspection station used to have a machine that checked how good your brakes were before they would give you a sticker. But, I have not seen that done in many years. But Orleans Parish has it's own sticker that you have to have if you live in Orleans Parish and you can only get it in Orleans Parish.

On a side note, the way you used to get one if your car would otherwise fail was you left a $20 bill on the seat of your car while they inspected it as a "tip". But, as of like 15 years ago Orleans lets you get them at private inspection places and they don't normally require bribes.

If you're in the New Orleans metro, be careful of driving in Gretna with an expired brake tag. They'll auto-run your plate while you're sitting in traffic and zap you for what was a $300 ticket 7-8 years ago.

My plate got auto-run this way back in 2005 in Baton Rouge. No moving violations or anything untoward -- cop was just sitting behind me in traffic and auto-ran my plate. That was my introduction to automatic plate-scanners.

Yes, I keep up with my brake tag these days.
How the hell is that legal? I lived in Old Gretna for years; loved it there. But from a law enforcement standpoint, I hate those forkers particularly when it comes to traffic. I believe NOLA.com and WWLTV did a recent story on how shiesty they are.

Each inspection station used to have a machine that checked how good your brakes were before they would give you a sticker. But, I have not seen that done in many years. But Orleans Parish has it's own sticker that you have to have if you live in Orleans Parish and you can only get it in Orleans Parish.

On a side note, the way you used to get one if your car would otherwise fail was you left a $20 bill on the seat of your car while they inspected it as a "tip". But, as of like 20 years ago Orleans lets you get them at private inspection places and they don't normally require bribes.
For a while, I believe Westwego did as well (might still).

How the hell is that legal? I lived in Old Gretna for years; loved it there. But from a law enforcement standpoint, I hate those forkers particularly when it comes to traffic. I believe NOLA.com and WWLTV did a recent story on how shiesty they are.

I know a guy who went through training with Gretna Police in order to get Post Certified. They train them like they are Marines heading off to war. The mindset is to create warriors, not peace officers.

Is that right?

I read that Texas has an inspection requirement for all vehicles, it is the emissions test that is required only in the cities. But the inspection requirement is going away for all of Texas in 2025, though the emissions check for the 17 urban counties will remain.

You're correct. I knew they'd changed the law, but I thought it was already in place. I live in Houston, so hadn't paid attention to the timing of implementation since the change doesn't apply to me anyway.

In NJ all we have is the OBD2 plug-in inspections. Well the O2 sensor on my car puked out and threw the light on right as I was trying to get it inspected and thusly the inspection ran out.

I got pulled over a few weeks later for a headlight out (literally had JUST gone out too) and the cop gave me a warning and never even noticed the expired inspection sticker. :eek:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom