Most Hated SEC Team (1 Viewer)

Which SEC team do you hate the most?

• Total voters
Spam, its your poll. What were we supposed to answer?

Well the actual poll question is "View Poll Results: Which SEC team do you hate the most?". The thread itself is to discover which SEC team is the most hated (on this forum). A fine point I guess but this isn't supposed to be a scientific study :hihi:

Richard said:
I can't believe that I am the only one who dislikes Tennessee the most in the SEC.

Yeah i'm actually shocked at the votes Florida and Auburn are getting. If you asked me to guess the top 3 I would have said Tennessee, Alabama, and LSU.

Why would people who are not Bamers, Gators, UGABulldawgs, Commodores, or Wildcats hate Tennessee?

It's kinda hard to hate 100,000+ people who will sing Rocky Top in perfect harmony at the drop of a hat...

Bama-Beat LSU around 1,000 times when Bear was coach.

Plus I have to listen to the 477 national championships they won from some Bama fans I know.

I could care less about the Saban thing.

Why would people who are not Bamers, Gators, UGABulldawgs, Commodores, or Wildcats hate Tennessee?

You guys have a pretty nice history of cheating under Fulmer. Under-handed recruiting tends to cause as many hard feelings as losing a game :hihi:

I don't hate you guys though, just saying, that's who I thought the top 3 would be. Besides, you named 5 SEC teams, that's a lot of SEC.

You guys have a pretty nice history of cheating under Fulmer. Under-handed recruiting tends to cause as many hard feelings as losing a game :hihi:

I don't hate you guys though, just saying, that's who I thought the top 3 would be. Besides, you named 5 SEC teams, that's a lot of SEC.

There is no way Fulmer has a history of cheating. The Bamers won't let him after what he did to them.

Yeah i'm actually shocked at the votes Florida and Auburn are getting. If you asked me to guess the top 3 I would have said Tennessee, Alabama, and LSU.

Its a Louisiana board and the majority of posters back here are LSU fans in one fashion or another. "Most hated" for some is just another way of saying "biggest rival" as fans tend to not like their rivals the most.

If you had done this poll forty years ago Ole Miss would have won with a scattering of votes going to Alabama. The Ole Miss/LSU rivalry has died out for the most part (the only really big game between the teams being the last one in Oxford with Eli which i really enjoyed going to).

LSU has no natural rival now in the sense that Aalabama and Auburn are rivals and Ohio State and Michigan are rivals. Recently LSU and Auburn have developed a rilvary as they have fought it out for the west, but it will probably never replace the Alabama/Auburn rivlary for Auburn folks(unless over a period of many, many years Alabama got really bad).

Over the past twenty years or so LSU's main rivals have been Alabama, Auburn and Florida, thats why they got the most votes. LSU got a number of votes in this poll basically because most folks on the college board who are not LSU fans resent LSU postings on the super forum.

LSU doesnt play Tennessee enough for them to be a main rival. Florida is the one East team LSU plays every year.

Its a Louisiana board and the majority of posters back here are LSU fans in one fashion or another. "Most hated" for some is just another way of saying "biggest rival" as fans tend to not like their rivals the most.

If you had done this poll forty years ago Ole Miss would have won with a scattering of votes going to Alabama. The Ole Miss/LSU rivalry has died out for the most part (the only really big game between the teams being the last one in Oxford with Eli which i really enjoyed going to).

LSU has no natural rival now in the sense that Aalabama and Auburn are rivals and Ohio State and Michigan are rivals. Recently LSU and Auburn have developed a rilvary as they have fought it out for the west, but it will probably never replace the Alabama/Auburn rivlary for Auburn folks(unless over a period of many, many years Alabama got really bad).

Over the past twenty years or so LSU's main rivals have been Alabama, Auburn and Florida, thats why they got the most votes. LSU got a number of votes in this poll basically because most folks on the college board who are not LSU fans resent LSU postings on the super forum.

LSU doesnt play Tennessee enough for them to be a main rival. Florida is the one East team LSU plays every year.

Then why does LSU play for a "trophy" against a non-rival? Just because they are border states? Hell, if that is the case the Mississippi schools should be getting into trophy games with LSU, Arkansas, Tennessee, Vanderbilt, Alabama, and Auburn. This is basically an LSU board and the school that you have the supposed "rivalry trophy" game with hasn't even gotten 5 votes.

And LSU will never replace Alabama as Auburn's biggest rival. It wouldn't matter if Bama goes winless for the next 50 years. Just like LSU will never be bigger than Alabama's 3rd biggest rival.

Last edited:
Yeah i'm actually shocked at the votes Florida and Auburn are getting. If you asked me to guess the top 3 I would have said Tennessee, Alabama, and LSU.[/quote]

Since this board is made up of mostly LSU fans, who exactly do you think would be voting for LSU?

Then why does LSU play for a "trophy" against a non-rival?
The SEC forced that trophy on LSU/Arkansas. Neither LSU nor Arkansas fans really care about it. The only thing they care about is who wins the game when it has SEC West implications. Arkansas is the new kid on the block in the SEC and LSU doesn't have a "real" rival.

That the two schools from neighboring states become rivals certainly makes logistical sense, but you can't force the kind of hatred on people that it takes to create a rival.

The SEC forced that trophy on LSU/Arkansas. Neither LSU nor Arkansas fans really care about it. The only thing they care about is who wins the game when it has SEC West implications. Arkansas is the new kid on the block in the SEC and LSU doesn't have a "real" rival.

That the two schools from neighboring states become rivals certainly makes logistical sense, but you can't force the kind of hatred on people that it takes to create a rival.

I wasn't being hateful about it, just found it funny that rival for the "Golden Boot" wasn't getting any anger thrown its way. Maybe Petrino will make that series more interesting from a hatred standpoint. I know I didn't like him as the Falcons coach, but then again I hate everyone associated with the Falcons.

Since this board is made up of mostly LSU fans, who exactly do you think would be voting for LSU?

There's a solid anti-LSU backlash on this board. I mean LSU has 10 votes, enough for 4th place, not that much of a stretch to imagine they might have been 3rd. :shrug:

Rivalries come and go as well.
Remember a generation or 2 ago most Bamers would have said Tennessee was their biggest rival. Now its Auburn.
Tennessee and Florida never really had a rivalry until the SEC expanded.
I remember as late as the early 80s that Tulane-LSU was intense.

There's a solid anti-LSU backlash on this board. I mean LSU has 10 votes, enough for 4th place, not that much of a stretch to imagine they might have been 3rd. :shrug:

But why would you think LSU would get more votes than Auburn?:dunno: With the SEC West for the most part being decided between LSU and Auburn, it makes more sense to me that Auburn or any threat to LSU, for that matter, would come out on top in this poll. As an Ole Miss fan, shouldn't State be your most hated rival, not Bama? You do live in Mississippi right? Not bashing, just curious.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom