Most Hated SEC Team (2 Viewers)

Which SEC team do you hate the most?

• Total voters
But why would you think LSU would get more votes than Auburn?
Because I did :)

LSSpam said:
As an Ole Miss fan, shouldn't State be your most hated rival, not Bama? You do live in Mississippi right? Not bashing, just curious.

Oh State's alright. A little obsessed with Ole Miss at times but I like a lot of their fans. I root for State over both Bama and LSU.

I don't think I have ever rooted for Alabama. At times when watching Bama games with Bama friends I have commented on a nice play here or there, but inside I want them to lose every game. I have pulled for every other SEC team at one time or another.

I wasn't being hateful about it, just found it funny that rival for the "Golden Boot" wasn't getting any anger thrown its way. Maybe Petrino will make that series more interesting from a hatred standpoint. I know I didn't like him as the Falcons coach, but then again I hate everyone associated with the Falcons.
I didn't take you remarks as being hateful...

I don't think I have ever rooted for Alabama. At times when watching Bama games with Bama friends I have commented on a nice play here or there, but inside I want them to lose every game. I have pulled for every other SEC team at one time or another.

I feel the same way. Even though, for the SECs sake, its good for all the SEC teams to win their bowl games I still can't bring myself to root for Auburn or Tennessee. The bad thing about that is most analysts use the bowl matchups to justify their reasoning in ranking the conferences, but as much as I would like those analysts to realize that the SEC is definitely the toughest, I just can't bring myself to pull for those 2. Even if it means the Pac-10 or Big 11 winning that argument.

As for LSU, it's kinda hard to base a rivalry on what has transpired over the last 18 months. The hatred that has been festering for decades between Bama and the other 2 (AU and UT) will not be overcome because of a coaches squabble. Besides, in all likelyhood 10 years from now neither Miles nor Saban will be at either school, so the intensity will revert back to what is was before. Basically, nothing. Just SEC Western Division rivals.

Last edited:
I remember back in 03 many lsu fans hated UGA with a passion. I guess its died down since we haven't played them in a couple of years but I'm sure that will change next year.

I also remember before i started college someone telling me ask any school who they hate and they will always say auburn. I still haven't seen anything to prove that theory wrong.

And LSU will never replace Alabama as Auburn's biggest rival. It wouldn't matter if Bama goes winless for the next 50 years. Just like LSU will never be bigger than Alabama's 3rd biggest rival.

They will if LSU and Auburn keep Beating bama every year, thats the way it works. A rivalry, no matter what rivalry it is, loses its intensity when it becomes one sided. It also loses its intensity when the games arent as big. USC/UCLA used to be a very big game but its been a while since UCLA has been a contender.

I am sure Bama will come back if they continue to recruit well, but if they have ten more years like the last ten they wont be anybodys big rival.

I'd like to thank Sandman for joining me in our dislike of Tennessee. :D C'mon, there has to be more of us that get nauseous when hearing "Rocky Top."

You ought to know who Roy Adams is.

Of course. Fulmer cut off ties between teh program and Adams shortly after taking over the head job. My impression is that almost every school - probably even Vandy - has their Roy Adams. A guy who embellishes his closeness to a program.
The difference between Tennessee and Bama is right there - Fulmer cut Adams off, Bama keeps people like Logan Young around.

Auburn, Auburn, Auburn.

So I guess you know who my favorite team is? Roll Tide Roll!!!

Most Bama fans hate two with a passion. That other school in Alabama and Tennesse. In my house my son and I are Bama and my wife and daughter are MSU fans. But my son and I know that we are hated by everyone. I explain to my son that it is no longer due to the greatness of Bama but mostly because of our fans.

Since most of you are LSU fans, who do you consider your rival?

Auburn, Auburn, Auburn.

So I guess you know who my favorite team is? Roll Tide Roll!!!

Most Bama fans hate two with a passion. That other school in Alabama and Tennesse. In my house my son and I are Bama and my wife and daughter are MSU fans. But my son and I know that we are hated by everyone. I explain to my son that it is no longer due to the greatness of Bama but mostly because of our fans.

Since most of you are LSU fans, who do you consider your rival?

MississippiSaint is a Bama fan :covri:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom