Movies from when we were kids (1 Viewer)

I did like this one as well

455cec97ad5c89e62e1b77211d521720.gif

Thinking about it, Betamax vs VHS was a real thing, for a long time…. Like Ford vs Chevy, Walmart vs Target, Jeopardy vs Wheel .. i am firmly Team Jeopardy on that one, and always will be…. Crazy that none of those other ‘wars’ resulted in the complete obliteration of the loser.

Like most of us, I could talk about 100 movies right now that we all grew up with and loved. But when I think of obscure movies, or ones that don't get brought up that much, these are the ones I think about.

Summer School
Project X
Toy Soldiers
Muppets Take Manhattan
The Dirt Bike Kid
The Rescue
The Money Pit

Last edited:
Everyone remembers Neverending Story, but I am looking for favorites that I either didn't see or have forgotten about

This got brought on because I saw that Explorers with Ethan Hawke and River Phoenix is on Prime Video and I am watching it right now
Okay I'm 62 , so I remember going to the movies ( with my wife/girlfriend & friends ) to see The Exorcist , Blair Witch Project , Grease , The Rocky Horror Picture Show , " It's Alive " and The Silence of the Lambs . Crazy I know but I remember those the most .

Like most of us, I could talk about 100 movies right now that we all grew up with and loved. But when I think of obscure movies, or ones that don't get brought up that much, these are the ones I think about out.

Summer School
This is a good one. Young Courtney Thorne-Smith 😍

Love my dogs, but I was always a little grossed out when Mark Harmon licked the peanut-butter spoon after his dog ate some.

I think the first movie I saw in a theater was 101 Dalmations.
Wow that’s actually my first. Mom brought me to a double feature of 101D and one of the Jody Foster movies - maybe Freaky Friday but feels like it was something else.

and that was the only double feature i ever went to. Think they became not a thing after that.

The first movies I remember seeing were The Nutty Professor and It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World. We grew up on Disney movies and whatever was being shown on TV at the time. Mom and Dad never missed a James Bond flick and if they couldn't get a sitter my sister and I would go too.

@SystemShock mentioned The Wonderful World of Disney. I couldn't get enough of that. It was when Dad first told me about Imagineers.

Last edited:
Thinking about it, Betamax vs VHS was a real thing, for a long time…. Like Ford vs Chevy, Walmart vs Target, Jeopardy vs Wheel .. i am firmly Team Jeopardy on that one, and always will be…. Crazy that none of those other ‘wars’ resulted in the complete obliteration of the loser.
Def. remember The Betamax Wars. A couple years later were the New Coke vs. Classic Coke wars. If there is a hell and I go to it, it's gonna be the '80s.

None of you born in the early '70s are gonna say Fast Times at Ridgemount High?

None of you born in the early '70s are gonna say Fast Times at Ridgemount High?

Early 70s baby here, i never saw Fast times since it was rated R, and i was only 8 or 9 when it came out.. same with Porkys, which i remember desperately wanting to see.. i think Revenge of the Nerds might have been R rated too(?) Not that i *never* snuck peeks at R rated flicks, just for some reason i never saw the ones i really wanted to see the most.

All i can say is thank the good lawd that PG13 became a thing right around the time i hit that age, otherwise there are a slew of other films i woulda missed.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom