Movies from when we were kids (2 Viewers)

My earliest movie memory was a double feature horror night…The Gargoyles and Night of the Lepus. I must have been 7 or 8. My older brother took me and I think it scarred me for life…:)
Soon after that I remember going to an all-day marathon of all the Planet of the Apes movies. I recall we went in around 1 pm and came out way after dark!

Soon after that I remember going to an all-day marathon of all the Planet of the Apes movies. I recall we went in around 1 pm and came out way after dark!

This reminds me of something ive wanted to do for a few years now, and one day eventually will- an all day Godfather marathon …. What you do is , you get together a few friends/family, starting sometime in the early afternoon and y’all watch Godfather 1.. then, you take a break for a couple hours, find the best hole-in-the-wall Italian restaurant near you, get take out- meatballs, spaghetti, baked ziti, antipasto, the whole thing- y’all consume this Italian feast…. THEN you put on Godfather 2………. Would be the most epic day i can imagine.

BTW i dont acknowledge Godfather 3 so it isnt part of the marathon.

This reminds me of something ive wanted to do for a few years now, and one day eventually will- an all day Godfather marathon …. What you do is , you get together a few friends/family, starting sometime in the early afternoon and y’all watch Godfather 1.. then, you take a break for a couple hours, find the best hole-in-the-wall Italian restaurant near you, get take out- meatballs, spaghetti, baked ziti, antipasto, the whole thing- y’all consume this Italian feast…. THEN you put on Godfather 2………. Would be the most epic day i can imagine.

BTW i dont acknowledge Godfather 3 so it isnt part of the marathon.
Fantastic idea! :9:

My sister, my cousins, and I did the all-day marathon of POTA too. The theaters were in the mall at the front of our neighborhood, so we walked home after dark and tried to scare the youngest among us with every shadow being an ape!

I was 14 so maybe considered a kid. Enemy Mine was a good movie that seems to be forgotten.
Last movie I saw at the Sena Mall in Metairie. Enemy Mine shoulda been a big-box-office classic SF film -- it is based on a classic SF novella, but was probably changed too much in the translation to film.

Speaking of the Sena Mall ... was thinking back on what the last movie playing at the Sena Mall was before it closed. My memory is that it was A Fish Called Wanda (1988). Sound right?

I'm 99% sure that the last movie to play at the Lakeside Theaters (on the opposite side of Veterans from Lakeside Mall) was The Saint (1997) with Val Kilmer.

p9273_p_v10_aa.jpg

Dont leave the cannoli.

My earliest movie memory was a double feature horror night…The Gargoyles and Night of the Lepus. I must have been 7 or 8. My older brother took me and I think it scarred me for life…:)
When the new Star Wars movie "The Force Awakens" came out, one of the theaters in BR had a marathon of all 7 in a row. A friend of mine did it. I love SW, but I don't think i could sit still long enough to watch 7 movies in a row, Even if i did do it, i wouldn't come in until Revenge of the Sith.

The Outsiders
Johnny Dangerously
The Ice Pirates
Superman
Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom
Pee-Wee's Big Adventure
War Games
Ghostbusters
Big
Lambert, The Sheepish Lion
Back to the Future
Rambo
Rad (BMX movie)
Curbdogs (skateboard/BMX movie)
Bones Brigade, The Search for Animal Chin. (skateboard movie)

I was 14 so maybe considered a kid. Enemy Mine was a good movie that seems to be forgotten.
Proof that you don't need a big budget special effects extravaganza to make a good sci-fi movie

Story, acting, and character development

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom