MT to injured reserve. Should be close to 100% for playoffs (2 Viewers)

Right, which is why he’s taking the time off. Kamara didn’t do that last year and it clearly affected him.

Thankfully, Thomas is months removed from the actual injury and by the time he takes the field again, he will have gone nearly a month without playing a game. That’s a lot of time to get close to 100%, as Saints sources have said is their goal.

Ok whatever you you want to make yourself believe but teams don't put players of Thomas's caliber on IR to save them for the playoffs. If that were the case then Brees wouldn't be playing tomorrow.

He has obviously reaggravated the original injury so the months removed from the actual injury is a moot point right now. I still don't see any scenario that he will be anywhere close to 100% the rest of this season.

Ok whatever you you want to make yourself believe but teams don't put players of Thomas's caliber on IR to save them for the playoffs. If that were the case then Brees wouldn't be playing tomorrow.

He has obviously reaggravated the original injury so the months removed from the actual injury is a moot point right now. I still don't see any scenario that he will be anywhere close to 100% the rest of this season.

Not really making myself believe anything. All of these things we know, based on credible reports:

1. MT suffered a high ankle sprain
2. He tried to play through it
3. He played well, but not to his lofty standard
4. The injury hasn’t improved *since returning and running through practices and games.*
5. Team is now IR-ing him because this injury heals better with more rest and they want him 100% for the playoffs.

You’re stating things like “He has obviously reaggravated the original injury so the months removed from the actual injury is a moot point right now...” as though it is a reported or medi fact.

Then using that to make a leap like “I still don't see any scenario that he will be anywhere close to 100% the rest of this season.”

Just disagree.

I wonder if he was encouraged to play because he gave Taysom an extra layer of comfort? I'm not saying this as a knock on TH just that most QBs feel better when they have a top WR or TE to lean on.

I read that too and found it interesting that the article insinuated there was more to it than the ankle injury.
Don’t think there’s more to it. I don’t believe he’s right about the IR situation being an issue either. Heck, Brees just did the exact same thing. He worked out last week, but wasn’t officially activated until today.

Don’t think there’s more to it. I don’t believe he’s right about the IR situation being an issue either. Heck, Brees just did the exact same thing. He worked out last week, but wasn’t officially activated until today.
Oh I tend to believe it’s erroneous as well, still intrigued me.

Seems like the timing of him being placed on IR could be an issue for the first playoff game. He’s eligible to return Saturday, January 9th. Not sure if he can practice the week of coming off IR. If no, will Sean allow him to play without practice?

To ensure availability in round one, he should have been placed on IR Tuesday.

Seems like the timing of him being placed on IR could be an issue for the first playoff game. He’s eligible to return Saturday, January 9th. Not sure if he can practice the week of coming off IR. If no, will Sean allow him to play without practice?

To ensure availability in round one, he should have been placed on IR Tuesday.

It won’t be an issue. He would play. The whole “don’t play if you don’t practice” thing is because of health, not some obscure guideline.

WADR to Florio, he’s trying to find something that isnt there.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom