MT to injured reserve. Should be close to 100% for playoffs (3 Viewers)

When is Callaway back?

That's the first thought that came to my mind as well when I first heard the news. Him and Drew were really getting into a rhythm before he got hurt.

So why don't we rest Brees until maybe the last game and just play him for a quarter or a half to knock off the rust? We ain't getting the number one seed with a brittle Brees and no CGM. We can win one more game to wrap up the division either way.

Holy smoke. Didn’t see that but if he is 100 for playoffs, ok let’s get there healthy.

That's just it. He won't be 100% for the playoffs.

He won't be 100% till training camp 2021.

High ankle sprains take months not weeks to heal. He wasn't 100% when he returned a few weeks ago and the Saints putting him on IR proves it.

That's just it. He won't be 100% for the playoffs.

He won't be 100% till training camp 2021.

High ankle sprains take months not weeks to heal. He wasn't 100% when he returned a few weeks ago and the Saints putting him on IR proves it.

He was still performing pretty well with the injury.

I think it’s fair to think he will be back close to 100% with nearly a month off.

Was expecting that. Now he gets at least a month to heal. Longer if Saints can get number one seed. Good long game.

This clearly illustrates Drew wouldn't be playing tomorrow if there was higher risk than usual to reinjure his ribs
I agree. The 1 seed is a more and more remote possibility with each injury. So it would make no sense to put Drew at risk if there was a chance he was vulnerable.

Callaway should be eligible to return for the Vikings game on Xmas Day.

No word on how he is doing though... so it’s a total mystery

He was still performing pretty well with the injury.

I think it’s fair to think he will be back close to 100% with nearly a month off.

I agree. He was playing really well but the one thing I feared was that he would aggravate the injury again and that is exactly what happened.

So all things considered he's probably back to square one with the ankle.

He may come back and play but there is no way he'll be 100% the rest of this season even with a month off.

So all things considered he's probably back to square one with the ankle.

He may come back and play but there is no way he'll be 100% the rest of this season even with a month off.

There’s nothing to suggest he’s back to square one.

And the article says pretty clearly they expect him to be close to 100% for the playoffs.

There’s nothing to suggest he’s back to square one.

And the article says pretty clearly they expect him to be close to 100% for the playoffs.

Well he was put on IR the week leading up to the Chiefs game so that's a pretty good indication to suggest that he's suffered a major setback and in all probability he's back to square one.

You can read all the articles in creation but the fact of the matter is that high ankle sprains don't heal in weeks and Thomas won't be 100% the rest of this season.

High ankle sprains come in 3 classifications................minor, moderate, and severe. We don't know what level Thomas suffered but my guess would be that an athlete that plays at his level it would be more toward severe.

Healing from a high ankle sprain can take anywhere from six weeks to three months — sometimes even more. Healing time depends on how badly injured the soft tissue was and if there was any bone damage.

Healing time is determined by complete and total rest and we all know that Thomas worked his arse off to get back on the field as soon as possible so complete and total rest were never even considered.

It sucks but it is what it is.

Well he was put on IR the week leading up to the Chiefs game so that's a pretty good indication to suggest that he's suffered a major setback and in all probability he's back to square one.

No. There is nothing to suggest that. Directly from the article:

“Thomas' ankle just was not getting better with practice and games, sources told ESPN.”

That is not square one.

Might as well do our best at getting ready for the playoffs.

It's kinda like how the Vikings rested their starters a week prior to the regular season ending last year. Titans also rested Derrick Henry in our game last year.

Like someone said if we don't get that bye week we might as well create our own bye week.

No. There is nothing to suggest that. Directly from the article:

“Thomas' ankle just was not getting better with practice and games, sources told ESPN.”

That is not square one.

Ok but all I'm saying is that as long as Thomas keeps running and practicing and playing at the level he plays at there is very little to no chance that his ankle will heal to 100% this season.

The first time I ever heard of a high ankle sprain was when it happened to Ricky Williams his rookie year with the Saints and it bothered him the entire season.

Ask Alvin Kamara how long a high ankle sprain takes to heal. Jimmy Garapollo had the same thing happen in game 2 this season and reaggravated it in week 7 and he hasn't even made it back to practice yet.

Ok but all I'm saying is that as long as Thomas keeps running and practicing and playing at the level he plays at there is very little to no chance that his ankle will heal to 100% this season.

The first time I ever heard of a high ankle sprain was when it happened to Ricky Williams his rookie year with the Saints and it bothered him the entire season.

Ask Alvin Kamara how long a high ankle sprain takes to heal. Jimmy Garapollo had the same thing happen in game 2 this season and reaggravated it in week 7 and he hasn't even made it back to practice yet.

Right, which is why he’s taking the time off. Kamara didn’t take enough last year and it clearly affected him.

Thankfully, Thomas is months removed from the actual injury and by the time he takes the field again, he will have gone nearly a month without playing a game. That’s a lot of time to get close to 100%, as Saints sources have said is their goal.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom