N/S JJ Watt released (1 Viewer)

can't believe they couldn't trade him
With his contract and injury history over the last few years? I think he wants to take a deal with Pittsburg to finish his career as a book end with his brother TJ.

Don't forget Kwon and D. Davis.
I think Kwon will be released with an injury settlement. Due to the Achillies tear he will miss about half the 2021 season and he has a $13.2M cap hit.

JJ is held in extremely high regard around HTown, he’s much more than a football player. He’s an ambassador for stepping up and “doing the right thing.”

I wish him well.

I now have no ‘second favorite’ team... absolute disaster going on.

I wish him well also, always thought he was a good guy. I just don't think he has as much left as other folks do....he had some serious back injuries, those change a person...

It's a similar story I heard last year regarding a "washout" dude named Tom Brady.

Except that Tom Brady didn't play only 3 games in 2016, 5 in 2017, and 8 in 2019. He played a full 16 game season in 2020 and it was, to put it kindly, by far his least productive 16 game season in his career....No thanks....

I watched a lot of Texans games last year and JJ was still a force and played all year. Sure he did not have the sack numbers but he ran Mahomes, Lamar Jackson and Rodgers like crazy disrupting their usual bread and butter plays. That was through a lot of double teams because Texans defense was ravaged by injuries last year, especially at lb position. I think JJ is past his prime but can out hustle Davenport anytime. I would give it a go. What JJ has done for the Houston community is also remarkable and that is also something I would like to see with the Saints.

I would like to see Watt in a Saints uniform. He's no longer an every down starter, but I bet he would do good in a rotation to spell Cam and Davenport and you could slide him inside on passing downs. He would also be a good mentor to the other young DE's we have on the team, and not counting his presence in the locker room or in the classroom. He would also bring his work ethic.

There’s plenty of older players that still get it done. Maybe not as great as when he was younger but their value can be just as important as some younger studs. Having a place I a salary cap is the important part though.

I think lots of veterans are going to have angst about signing with a franchise losing Brees without any cap space to improve.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom