N/S JJ Watt released (2 Viewers)

Texans GM: So we release the best player on our defense, do you still want to stay?
JJ Watt is also reaching the end of his great, bonafide 1st Ballot future HOF where he gave his blood, sweat, and tears for a badly run, oligarchic owner who actually achieved some success and MAYBE, just maybe made a few good, personnel or FA pickups once in a while but in analyzing his ownership tenure was slightly below average, his son, Cal,.like Mike Brown in succeeding Paul Brown in Cincy, is only the owner because of nepotism and being extremely lucky he was born to a legendary HC, owner who got fired and run out of Cleveland by a idiot, Brooklyn-born former marketing executive/owner who wanted to make it abundantly clear his word was final in decision-making, even if constantly held the team back and fans and local/national media thought he was clueless, incorrigible, and financially irresponsible for decade, then decides to leave Cleveland for Baltimore and the hostility and hatred towards him remains so high, he never returned for the rest of his life.

Cal Mcnair is much worse then his father, and more inept, clueless, and incapable of understanding or realizing he's the reason why his clubs never win. Just like John Mecom, whom most of us all rightly ridicule, and have nothing but perhaps undeserved pity for,.at.the very least in terms of positive, retroactive memories.

Watt is about to retire, and has been injury-prone the last 4-5 seasons(I also have a theory about that, too but it might get some negative feedback from skeptics), he can't provide Pro-Bowl 15 sacks individual seasons anymore, Watson can and probably will for whoever he plays for the next decade.

Texans probably are fighting like hell to keep him by persuading him to look at it from their perspective a bit more, or hoping he cools off and there's a mutual, temporary style of reconcilliation, or theyll try to make any prospective NFL teams looking to trade for him pay such an exocorbirantly high price it force them to mortgage their future for one player and a few 3rd or 4th round picks that won't likely don't end up doing sheet.

Texans realize that if Watson can't be reconciled, any potential trade scenario will be largely stacked to favor them and hugely disadvantageous to any buyer.

Phrases and subjective terms like "Reasonable", " Good faith", or trying to be convinced by some fellow GM for a mutually beneficial trade is bogsense, or subjective, idealistic, niave.terms used in academia to naive, idealistic college students who haven't faced the real, cruel word yet.

JJ is held in extremely high regard around HTown, he’s much more than a football player. He’s an ambassador for stepping up and “doing the right thing.”

I wish him well.

I now have no ‘second favorite’ team... absolute disaster going on.

No way I even knew what an avocado was at this age. This kid is going places.
Frivously trading away Hopkins last off-season to Arizona was stupid because he has at most, close to a decade's worth of great-very good production potential.

Watt is about 1-2 years away from retirement, and an increasing number of insiders, experts, talking heads, former, retired NFL personnel directors, like Louis Riddick), will tell you he's injury prone and has been on the IR 3-4 times by end of regular-season since 2015. His once-wondorous, chiseled almost superhuman physique is falling apart and he can't trade places with his younger brother (or can he?), who is posting similar career numbers he did 7-8 years ago, with a murderer's row of surrounding Pro-Bowl defensive talent, a competent, long-term successful HC and a storied who both know how to forking win, consistently.that they've only had 3 HC's since 1969.

I'm betting that he was selfishly playing at the expense of other younger guys on the team who really could've helped them be better. We shouldn't want another one of those guys :dl:

Wow. Didn't think it would happen, but makes sense for both parties. Not sure the money he will command, but I'd love to have him as a rotational player who could play 50-60% of the snaps.

Wow. Didn't think it would happen, but makes sense for both parties. Not sure the money he will command, but I'd love to have him as a rotational player who could play 50-60% of the snaps.
Think more like 30%, but I think you're on to something. Watt's close to the end, yeah, but if a team used him lightly ... he could be like what Fred Dean was to the first 49ers title team (1981) or Rickey Jackson was to the 1994 Niners championship squad.

Think more like 30%, but I think you're on to something. Watt's close to the end, yeah, but if a team used him lightly ... he could be like what Fred Dean was to the first 49ers title team (1981) or Rickey Jackson was to the 1994 Niners championship squad.
I say 50% because I think he can still play the run well and that's about the % of snaps Trey played and I don't think he comes back.

This is what's gonna happen.. we are going to bring JJ watt to town.. talk about how great he is and then offer him a contract.. he will then go to another team.. and that team will knock us out of the playoffs.

Everybody is saying Watt is washed up but personally I wouldn't be upset if the Saints signed him to a reasonable deal. Even at this stage in his career Watt was quietly still pretty good last season. He's never going to pop for 20 sacks again but the team that he signs with will be better for it. Unless they inexplicably give him a huge contract and he promptly goes down for the season.

It was a smart move in my opinion. Watt was not worth his contract. He may find a home as a rotational pass rusher on a team with a good defensive line. The 49ers would be a perfect fit.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom