N/S Josh Gordon stepping away from Patriots. (1 Viewer)

Soundwave

Terribly Vexed
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Says he is stepping away to focus on mental health, but news is coming out he failed another test.

Last edited:
The guy needs to be banned from the league. How many suspensions has he had and how many tests has he failed? Enough is enough.

The guy needs to be banned from the league. How many suspensions has he had and how many tests has he failed? Enough is enough.

It was my understanding that he was on sort of a "last chance of last chances" - it's hard to imagine that the league would be sympathetic to his case at this point.

At the same time, I don't think the purpose is to punish. If you can demonstrate that you have done what you need to do to get your life straight, the league will listen. But for Josh, they have already done that and already given him the chance for rehabilitation. It's hard to see how he would even have enough time to spend another full season out of the league and even be able to convince a team to take him on.

Addiction is a life-long struggle.

I don't understand why NFL for all intent and purpose in player safety would prefer opuim use over weed. At this point, it has to be pr related.

Being stupid is a mental issue and this guy looks like he got in line for his share more than once.

Eventually it gets to the point that you have to stop feeling sorry for people who after being given multiple chances still just don't get it!!

You can't help someone who refuses to help themselves.

After reading the Kyle Turley story, and understanding what Brandon Marshall has gone through, and reading about other players stepping away to get right, I am all for Josh Gordon steeping away from the game. The game is a means to an end. It will just as quickly forget you as it will embrace you. You owe the team nothing more than a quick “thank you for the time”.

Go be the best Josh you can be.

Last edited:
Although I believe all forms of recreational drugs should be legal and taxed.... that has nothing to do with Josh's situation... This is his job... If he wants to keep it he has to play by the rules... the rules state "no drugs"... He's broken those rules many times, and has been given more opportunities than he probably deserves...

Sucks for him... but this is about not following company policy for an employer... not my stance on drug use or addiction....

Hope he fixes his life.

I am all for Josh Gordon steeping away from the game. The game is a means to an end. It will just as quickly forget you as it will embrace you. You owe the team nothing more than a quick “thank you for the time”.

Go be the best you Josh.

You do realize that the NFL is throwing Josh Gordon out the back door. Josh Gordon truly isn't "stepping away" from the game.

Although I believe all forms of recreational drugs should be legal and taxed.... that has nothing to do with Josh's situation... This is his job... If he wants to keep it he has to play by the rules... the rules state "no drugs"... He's broken those rules many times, and has been given more opportunities than he probably deserves...

Sucks for him... but this is about not following company policy for an employer... not my stance on drug use or addiction....

Hope he fixes his life.

I agree - I fully support responsible legalization and believe that weed has a wide range of medicinal value. But if a condition of your employment is that you don’t use it, and that job is one that you profess you want to keep, you have to be able to meet that condition. If you can’t, that means that your need for the drug is controlling your life rather than your desire to achieve your professional goals. That is addiction, plain and simple.

The debate about why it’s okay for nfl players to use prescribed pharma opioids but not weed is legitimate and I think the league needs revamp its policy. But in the meantime, this is more about a job condition that this person habitually cannot meet.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom