New Public Safety Systems (2 Viewers)

The President of the Minneapolis City Council was recently interviewed. She was asked who would I call if someone is breaking into my house in the middle of the night. Her response was not especially helpful, but it was woke:

This is not a serious person, it's Peter Pan when what they need is an adult.

It wasn’t a great answer but what she meant is that it’s privileged because black and brown communities don’t really have the luxury of calling the police if someone breaks into your home at night. That’s because if I call the police, as a black man, I might get shot by the cops because I look like the subject. So it is a privilege to be able to call the police and feel safe.
It still doesn’t answer the direct question but that’s what she meant.

Interesting read - the folks that started "Defund the Police" really mean Defund the Police. But nobody seems to wants to actually do that so...

Last edited:
Interesting read - the folks that started "Defund the Police" really mean Defund the Police. But nobody seems to wants to actually do that so...

Yeah that’s kinda the point of the status quo

According to her, she has been asked the very reasonable question of, "who do I call when my home is being broken into" many times, and yet she still doesn't have a legitimate answer. She admits that instead of providing anything that resembles a viable solution, she tries to shame her constituents by telling them that the question itself is the result of "privilege."
Let me ask you this: What do police do now?

If I call 911 and report a break in, who shows up? A uniformed officer with pepper spray, weapons, handcuffs and tactical gear like kevlar vests and combat boots? People who have been conditioned to suspect everyone as a potential criminal to the point they look for reasons and carry a suspicious and/or agressive disposition. Then this person fills out paperwork to document the break in and leaves, correct?

Why do I need people with firearms, kevlar and a poor attitude to show up at my house and fill out forms?

As far as privilege goes, if you don't understand that by now it's because you don't want to. Nothing I can say or do will change that.

rapes? is it your contention that current police do a good job policing rapes?
if the police signed their names on the top of their exam and handed it in, they would get a better grade than they do on rapes

As someone who was directly affected by a rape, yes, I feel the police do a good job. They solved our case in a relatively short period.

What about the woman that is getting beat by her husband? Does she call the ghostbusters now?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom