No Taysom? No Kamara? No WR2? No free agent cash? No problem. Laviska Shenault. (1 Viewer)

He did make it through his college career without any real injury history and got lit up quite a bit being primarily a punt and kick returner. I agree that on offense he'd be limited in usage as a joker because of his extreme importance as our return man, but I think he'll be worked in more as a WR for jet sweeps and taking the top off of defenses There wasn't a single jet sweep he handled last season that wasn't for a positive gain. Unlike the guy he was replacing in TLL who never had one go for a positive gain. (Didn't we even sign TLL to a futures contract or am I tripping? I wonder what that's all about if so.)

And Shenault is someone I really like in this draft.

Sounds like flashbacks Inside - lol, just having fun Bro

edit: think a good shrink would say I'm projecting!

He's no friend to arm tackles, that's for sure. After the catch, he does the real damage. He made Montez look like a much better QB than he really is, that's for sure.

I also like Duvernay from Texas as a slot guy. He's built thick for a WR and not just breaks tackles, but can punish tacklers. He's stinking fast, too.

He's no friend to arm tackles, that's for sure. After the catch, he does the real damage. He made Montez look like a much better QB than he really is, that's for sure.

I also like Duvernay from Texas as a slot guy. He's built thick for a WR and not just breaks tackles, but can punish tacklers. He's stinking fast, too.

All things being equal, I’d take Shenault over Duvernay. Shenault is a more complete WR, bigger, just as fast or faster, and versatile enough to play outside/inside/or even a little RB.
However.... Duvernay won’t cost a 1st rounder, and Duvernay is still learning all of the nuances of being a WR... so there is definite improvement to come. I just LOVE Duvernay’s game. He’s got great hands, and his lower body is built like a RB. He reminds me of Devery Henderson... only not as fast but much more powerful. I’d be so excited if the Saints landed Duvernay in the 3rd or 4th.

Why can’t we get both Durveny and Shinault? Trade Kamara and trade up if needed for Shinault. It may take a year for WR to be effective in our system so why wait a year for 2021 draft if we’re close to loaded on D right now.

All things being equal, I’d take Shenault over Duvernay. Shenault is a more complete WR, bigger, just as fast or faster, and versatile enough to play outside/inside/or even a little RB.
However.... Duvernay won’t cost a 1st rounder, and Duvernay is still learning all of the nuances of being a WR... so there is definite improvement to come. I just LOVE Duvernay’s game. He’s got great hands, and his lower body is built like a RB. He reminds me of Devery Henderson... only not as fast but much more powerful. I’d be so excited if the Saints landed Duvernay in the 3rd or 4th.
It's like you're in my brain...

(Didn't we even sign TLL to a futures contract or am I tripping? I wonder what that's all about if so.)

Yes, we signed TLL to a futures. Why? IDK. My best guess is that we'll finally let Austin Carr walk and Sean Payton just has to have at least one WR on the active game day roster that makes all of us wonder why that guy is even on the 53 man roster, much less active.

Yes, we signed TLL to a futures. Why? IDK. My best guess is that we'll finally let Austin Carr walk and Sean Payton just has to have at least one WR on the active game day roster that makes all of us wonder why that guy is even on the 53 man roster, much less active.

He actually has more deficiencies than attributes to be a successful WR. Wes Welker had more, but not everyone is Wes Welker.

This guy looks like just the kind of joker player on offense who would be on Sean's radar.

According to the latest mock drafts that I have seen this week we may have to move up a few spots in the Draft to get this guy.
Shenault is my secret wish for pick in the draft.
But then again I think we need a Beast of an offensive lineman.
Why can't we have 2 First Round picks.

If we take a WR in the 1st round, it should be Shenault or Aiyuk. We do have a guy on the roster who is a physical clone of Shenault in Hogan. While at Marion Hogan was used in a similar fashion to how Shenault was used at Colorado.

According to the latest mock drafts that I have seen this week we may have to move up a few spots in the Draft to get this guy.
Shenault is my secret wish for pick in the draft.
But then again I think we need a Beast of an offensive lineman.
Why can't we have 2 First Round picks.

I saw your post on Aiyuk and this one as well. I agree with both and how you feel about our guard situation. I would actually try to come out of this trade with 2 nasty guards and at least 1 physical YAC WR.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom