NS: Why would you boo Vinatieri? (1 Viewer)

I'd show love to him otherwise, but not when Vinny is in position to score for the enemy. This game may mean home field, or a late FG could end the Pats' season down the road. Strange that Vinny's first miss was tonight. The fans were right about booing.

Took the words out of my keyboard.

I don't think it's about "better fans". What are you supposed to do? Cheer the other team?

It's good-natured ribbing. I boo Morten Anderson (as many have drawn that same parallel), but I love Morten and hope he goes into the Hall. It's just part of being a fan. You boo the other team in the NFL. It's just what's done.

Why should they cheer for him? Do you continue to cheer for a player who used to be good for your team but is now past his prime? Not when he's doing harm to your team. AV SHOULD be booed by New England fans. He is no longer a part of the New England team, thus part of the opposition. Football fans should cheer him, but New England fans don't owe him anything else. He got his paycheck, they got their Super Bowl victories. End of transaction. Adam is not there anymore, so they owe him no allegiance.

When Morten kicks for Atlanta, I cheer all I can for a miss. He's NOT A SAINT ANYMORE. He used to be and when his career is over I'll marvel at his talents but so long as he plays for another team that is in contention with MY team, screw him. I hope he never breaks the total career points records as long as he kicks against the Saints.

...+57- I promise you, if Morten Andersen had won a Super Bowl (much less two) for the New Orleans Saints, he would not get booed upon returning to the Superdome under ANY circumstances...

Even after kicking us a Super Bowl (in theory), if he kicked for Atlanta in the Superdome, I'd boo him back to Denmark very single time. You're a Saint until you leave. When you retire, you are a Saint one more. But in between you're the enemy.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom