One of the Backups Starting? (2 Viewers)

From what I’ve read, KK’s scheme should help Carr. It focuses on heavy running and play action which a lot of people have claimed Carr is good at.

Just from my non-professional view, Carr looked a lot better in up tempo, having to think less situations which play action should help. Carr seemed to struggle at the longer developing plays where the receivers had option routes and he had to figure out which option they were running.

Except for the main reason Carr seemed to suffer in these situations was due to being mauled and smashed and injured due to the terrible play of the OL.

From what I’ve read, KK’s scheme should help Carr. It focuses on heavy running and play action which a lot of people have claimed Carr is good at.

Just from my non-professional view, Carr looked a lot better in up tempo, having to think less situations which play action should help. Carr seemed to struggle at the longer developing plays where the receivers had option routes and he had to figure out which option they were running.
The terminology alone could be another factor in player comfortability and execution.

Cos that guy was lights out, on fire excellent when he was called upon?

In before the usual excuses.
What the heck are you talking about? DC4 is 🦌’s guy. Doesn’t matter who is behind him. This is DC4’s team and there is no way that he would ever be benched for anyone else. So, I will explain it again, for you in the back, DC4 will NOT be benched for anyone period. So unless DC4 has an injury, then no rookie will get a shot. Plain and simple. Somehow you went on the defensive, when it was a clear cut response!?!?

What the heck are you talking about? DC4 is 🦌’s guy. Doesn’t matter who is behind him. This is DC4’s team and there is no way that he would ever be benched for anyone else. So, I will explain it again, for you in the back, DC4 will NOT be benched for anyone period. So unless DC4 has an injury, then no rookie will get a shot. Plain and simple. Somehow you went on the defensive, when it was a clear cut response!?!?
You're trying to pick the wrong fight. My point is the backup didn't make things any better last year.

I know it's a crazy idea, but not every post is directly aimed at pointing out where you've gone wrong on something. There isn't enough time in anyone's day for all of that.

Yeah, we’ve seen so many teams drafting their future QB like the Falcons situation with Kirk Cousins and I see if for some reason DC4 stinks it up, there’ll be quick calling for Rattler maybe. Maybe the crowd in the Super Dome can bring rattle snake shakers!
I remember when the Titans were having a contest for people to pick the best name. One of the options was Rattlers which is the name I voted on. At the time I said it would be a great marketing ploy to sell fake rattlesnake rattles so fans could shake them during games.

If Carr’s play is so bad that he gets benched, I hope the team starts to go in full rebuilding mode. I would like to see players like Kendre, Kool aid, Foskey, Ford and Bub Means as well as both young QBs. Trade AK and Latt if you can.

Just get it underway. No reason to waste another season playing vets if we know Carr isn’t the guy.

The only reason I’m not in favor of rebuilding just yet is because of the final 5 games of last season. Those games gave me some hope that we can win the division with the upgrades we made in the offseason .

If Carr’s play is so bad that he gets benched, I hope the team starts to go in full rebuilding mode. I would like to see players like Kendre, Kool aid, Foskey, Ford and Bub Means as well as both young QBs. Trade AK and Latt if you can.

Just get it underway. No reason to waste another season playing vets if we know Carr isn’t the guy.

The only reason I’m not in favor of rebuilding just yet is because of the final 5 games of last season. Those games gave me some hope that we can win the division with the upgrades we made in the offseason .
If Carr plays bad (which I doubt he will) and all reports are that either Rattler or Haener have been performing well I think this franchise and ownership will be ready for the new leader under center, I do not think Rattler or Haener were drafted to hold clip boards but with an eye for the future.

The way this offense is designed and we have seen work in previous stops the QB position is prime for a game manager which I think both Haener and Rattler can do with the exception of Rattler being a natural talent as a passer but Carr too can thrive in an offense that is heavy run base with play action passing.

The way this offense is designed and we have seen work in previous stops the QB position is prime for a game manager which I think both Haener and Rattler can do with the exception of Rattler being a natural talent as a passer but Carr too can thrive in an offense that is heavy run base with play action passing.
Agree. I doubt Carr plays bad enough to get benched. I give that much less than a 50 percent chance of happening because I agree that he should do better under the new regime.

I think it’s more likely that our run game that holds us back again. That or our run defense which I am concerned about.

Oh, hey there sweetie, bought your #5 Cleveland jersey yet? Ta-ta for now.
Sorry, no, my friend. Wouldn’t that be titillating for you though. I am a Saints fan, dear Earl of Massingill. Been one since before your mum was a Thatcherite.

It seems you are having a tough time letting go of your straw man. Good luck.

And it looks like you’ve added some salt to your vinegar/water mixture. Not sure that is beneficial to your cast iron exterior.

You're trying to pick the wrong fight. My point is the backup didn't make things any better last year.

I know it's a crazy idea, but not every post is directly aimed at pointing out where you've gone wrong on something. There isn't enough time in anyone's day for all of that.
No one said the backup did anything to warrant stepping in. If we had a seasoned veteran, as a backup, the offense stalled for how many weeks, and he never got inserted in. So why would a rookie?

If Carr plays bad (which I doubt he will) and all reports are that either Rattler or Haener have been performing well I think this franchise and ownership will be ready for the new leader under center, I do not think Rattler or Haener were drafted to hold clip boards but with an eye for the future.

Rattler nor Haener is getting in if DC4 plays poorly. Peterman may not even make the roster and if he does, and somehow gets into a game, then Lord have mercy on us all. This is a ride or die situation. It’s that simple.

Sorry, no, my friend. Wouldn’t that be titillating for you though. I am a Saints fan, dear Earl of Massingill. Been one since before your mum was a Thatcherite.

It seems you are having a tough time letting go of your straw man. Good luck.

And it looks like you’ve added some salt to your vinegar/water mixture. Not sure that is beneficial to your cast iron exterior.
Somehow I've heard this all before and it had no effect then, either. Cheerio!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom