One of the Backups Starting? (1 Viewer)

If we really want Rattler to potentially be the guy moving forward….. I think it’s in everyone’s best interest that he sits the entire year. End of a blow out or game that doesn’t mean anything, sure. But too often now QBs are thrown in before they’ve really grasped the magnitude of NFL defenses and that’s the last you’ll see of them with that team. Him sitting a whole year and getting a grasp of the offense/NFL defenses from a different perspective is invaluable IMO. Injuries change all of that. But I don’t see a scenario (other than already mentioned) where a healthy Carr shouldn’t play this year.
Exactly, seen these young QBs lose all confidence putting them in too early. We are in a good spot QB wise. Veteran QB to start, 2 young QBs waiting in the wings. Aaron Rodgers waited a long time to see the field. Let em learn!!!

Let me preface this by saying I don’t wish this to happen, but would there be a point in the season where DC4 plays so putrid that there is a possibility they consider playing Rattler or Haener? I mean there’s a lot of hype for Rattler already and there’s a chance that DC doesn’t catch on to the new OC scheme. Just throwing it out there. Don’t hate me please!
If either Rattler or Haener have to play at ANY POINT it's because the offensive line has gotten him slaughtered again then the season is over!

Carr is the best option at QB the Saints have right now!

What is so hard to understand about that?

If either Rattler or Haener have to play at ANY POINT it's because the offensive line has gotten him slaughtered again then the season is over!

Carr is the best option at QB the Saints have right now!

What is so hard to understand about that?
Chill dude, it was a question. Kind of like thinking of alternate universe outcomes. I don’t have a problem with Carr being the QB. I was one of the ones that was on board with him coming here and thought he would succeed.

Pete was calling plays that Drew wouldve changed or altered pre-snap and/or threw it away, and/or got the ball out in less than two seconds. Drew was a wizard and he had not only been in that system for a decade and a half, he played a huge role in designing it himself.

Carr didnt really have trouble learning it. More like he had trouble executing it because all he had was 2 seconds after the snap due to our OL, and he didnt have a true X or TE most of the seasom, and he played injured most of the year thanks to that same OL.

The play design and playcalling didnt match the team we were fielding and Pete was in over his head and took a long time to adjust. Now I was discouraged with Carr for other reasons, but the offensive struggles were not all on him. I can finally admit that, during the season, i was just disgusted.

To me, looking back, the fact that AK was used ineffectively as a battering ram says it all. Williams didnt get a TD and was seldom used on goal line and short yardage... and we rarely had short yardage. WAY too many 3rd and longs. The QB would have to have been Brees or Brady to outplay the playcalling. Cant blame Carr for not being Brees or Brady.

This year we're supposed to have an offensive system designed to minimize those third and longs and Im here for it.
Will it fit Carr? Im gonna say probably. And it'll probably fit AK and our RBs too. Just hope it doesnt take too much of the season to get everybody on the same page.

God I love the infatuation with backup QBs. There's this idea that they are probably awesome or at least better than the starter. Then they actually play and you see why they were the backup to begin with...most of the time. We've seen some backups take over and ball out of control making you wonder why they weren't the starter the whole time.

So I guess I'd say that if see Haener or Rattler starting for us this season then something has gone horribly wrong unless something magical is happening. Maybe Haener gets the nod and we have a Brady taking over for Drew Bledsoe situation. Maybe Rattler comes in and we have a Kurt Warner filling in for Trent Green type deal. We might be one snap away from having The Greatest Show On Turf Part 2: The Sequel. You never know. That's the beauty of a backup QB. Until they actually play it's Schrödinger's QB.

If DC goes down or sucks there are two options. If rebuilding then Haener or Rattler. If you want to win some games then Taysom.
Comes down to where they are in the season.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom