OT: Jameis Winston was absolute savage from the pocket in college..... Who wins fantasy matchup between 2019 LSU vs 2013 Florida State? (1 Viewer)

who you taking in this matchup

• 2019 LSU

Votes: 39 69.6%
  • 2013 Florida State

Votes: 3 5.4%
  • Too close to call

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Dont care

Votes: 14 25.0%

• Total voters
Reaction score
Jameis Winston

VS.

Joe Burrow

I dunno who wins but FSU's defense when they were locked in was freaking scary that year

Even if I wasn't an LSU fan, I'd pick the Tigers.

It's Burrow. He had the talent advantage with way more complex offense that he mastered that can destroy FSU defense scheme.

burrow was not a better prospect than winston... burrow was a late bloomer in nfl circles.. winston was on nfl radars when he was in high school
That’s not the question... It was a fantasy match up. Burrow wins. LSU is a faster team and that would eat up FSU secondary.

Also, I wasn't super high on Burrow. He was too old for me as a 1st overall prospect. The fact he is 25 this year is very worrisome of his ceiling.

burrow was not a better prospect than winston... burrow was a late bloomer in nfl circles.. winston was on nfl radars when he was in high school

Doesn't matter how you start, it's how you finish. Burrow wasn't even on radars going into the 2019 season and look what happened. BTW, every draft-eligible player at the time on that 2019 offensive squad is on an NFL roster. Hell, a few more were added this season like Chase in Cincy.

Doesn't matter how you start, it's how you finish. Burrow wasn't even on radars going into the 2019 season and look what happened. BTW, every draft-eligible player at the time on that 2019 offensive squad is on an NFL roster. Hell, a few more were added this season like Chase in Cincy.

it woulda been a great game

That’s not the question... It was a fantasy match up. Burrow wins. LSU is a faster team and that would eat up FSU secondary.

Also, I wasn't super high on Burrow. He was too old for me as a 1st overall prospect. The fact he is 25 this year is very worrisome of his ceiling.

fsu averaged a staggering 51.4 ppg vs lsu 48ppg..

fsu when grading for era was a whopping +31 over expected points vs lsu which was +19 over expected points added

lsu gave up more points on defense, meanwhile fsu was a dominant defense

both teams were at the time considered the best teams since the 01 canes.. so its hard to say who would win

fsu averaged a staggering 51.4 ppg vs lsu 48ppg..

fsu when grading for era was a whopping +31 over expected points vs lsu which was +19 over expected points added

lsu gave up more points on defense, meanwhile fsu was a dominant defense

both teams were at the time considered the best teams since the 01 canes.. so its hard to say who would win
Comparatively stats aren't valid measurements. Scheme and athletic measureable. FSU elite defense means nothing if it can't stop sail concept or handle crosser and man beater against NFL caliber WRs. Not just one, but 3 Elite WR. So, it's a shoot out and I don't see how they win.

Granted... I don't like modern teams vs. Past team comparison, because I believe evolutionary pushing for faster, stronger, smarter players to be an invalid and unfair comparisons. So, I like to compare them in their era.

Like the 2007 Pats would be food in 2021. It's just how football evolves... At one point football was just basic math... Now... It has become calculus and advanced analytics.

If you wonder why good coaches fall off so rapidly and randomly ... It's because those guys got left in alegbra while the NFL moves up to Alegbra 2. So on and so forth

Mike Smith is a good example of this.

Jameis Winston

VS.

Joe Burrow

I dunno who wins but FSU's defense when they were locked in was freaking scary that year

This is a tough one because both barely beat my Auburn Tigers. I'm going with FSU just due to my hate for all schools SEC, moreso those in the West and especially those that want to share Tigers. What would have been if we didn't start a true freshmen because of who his dad is.

It's Burrow. He had the talent advantage with way more complex offense that he mastered that can destroy FSU defense scheme.
I know this is a mostly Louisiana site but I would take '13 over '19 LSU defense every day of the week and 5 times on Saturday.

2019 LSU offense was just too good.
Maybe one of those Miami teams from the 90's but I don't think any college defense could have hung with those tigers.

Is this even a real question?

The 2019 LSU team may very well have been the best collegiate team ever assembled, to this point.

In fact, would you even put 2013 FSU on par with last year's Alabama squad that won it all? I wouldn't.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom