OT: Jameis Winston was absolute savage from the pocket in college..... Who wins fantasy matchup between 2019 LSU vs 2013 Florida State? (1 Viewer)

who you taking in this matchup

• 2019 LSU

Votes: 39 69.6%
  • 2013 Florida State

Votes: 3 5.4%
  • Too close to call

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Dont care

Votes: 14 25.0%

• Total voters
This is a tough one because both barely beat my Auburn Tigers. I'm going with FSU just due to my hate for all schools SEC, moreso those in the West and especially those that want to share Tigers. What would have been if we didn't start a true freshmen because of who his dad is.

I know this is a mostly Louisiana site but I would take '13 over '19 LSU defense every day of the week and 5 times on Saturday.
Defense are kind of worthless. What was FSU even playing? Man Cover 3?
Is this even a real question?

The 2019 LSU team may very well have been the best collegiate team ever assembled, to this point.

In fact, would you even put 2013 FSU on par with last year's Alabama squad that won it all? I wouldn't.
I would say offense. LSU defense wasn't that impressive. Aranda really schemed them into being a good unit by season end.

Ill say LSU just based on the playoffs, they dismantled and Embarrassed Oklahoma. The Sooners looked like a school from the Sun Belt Conference out there.

Then they ran previous year champion Clemson off the field who had a stacked Roster and a phenom at QB.

Still that would be a very good game. Both of those teams had very talented rosters.

Ill say LSU just based on the playoffs, they dismantled and Embarrassed Oklahoma. The Sooners looked like a school from the Sun Belt Conference out there.

Then they ran previous year champion Clemson off the field who had a stacked Roster and a phenom at QB.

Still that would be a very good game. Both of those teams had very talented rosters.
It'll definitely be more competitive than those playoff games.

Will it be better than Texas vs. LSU? Nah... That game was a certified classic

LSU would have beat the dog sheet out of FSU. And poured it on the 4th.

i think you are correct, as the 2013 fsu defense was pretty good. But the 2012 fsu defense was even more scarier. I still contend that if jeremy pruitt was with the 2012 fsu defense and winston played as a freshman.. that would have been the scariest team of all-time and the 2013 fsu team was pretty nasty in its own right. Its just going from ej manuel in 2012 to winston would have been a huge boost

Thanks to opey for giving us the 'don't care' option in the poll.

Granted... I don't like modern teams vs. Past team comparison, because I believe evolutionary pushing for faster, stronger, smarter players to be an invalid and unfair comparisons. So, I like to compare them in their era.

Like the 2007 Pats would be food in 2021. It's just how football evolves... At one point football was just basic math... Now... It has become calculus and advanced analytics.

That, among other factors, is why I'm not a fan of comparing Winston now to Brees back in 2006. It's a different league now with it being so much easier to pass for yardage and TDs.

2006:
QBs who threw for 4,000+ yards - 5
QBs who threw for 30+ TDs - 1

2020:
QBs who threw for 4,000+ yards - 12
QBs who threw for 30+ TDs - 10

That, among other factors, is why I'm not a fan of comparing Winston now to Brees back in 2006. It's a different league now with it being so much easier to pass for yardage and TDs.

2006:
QBs who threw for 4,000+ yards - 5
QBs who threw for 30+ TDs - 1

2020:
QBs who threw for 4,000+ yards - 12
QBs who threw for 30+ TDs - 10
I think the only thing that translate is comparing QB rating and that's about it.

As a LSU fan I'm going with the '19 Tigers. Not because I'm a homer but because they were the most dominant team I ever saw. It was basically a NFL offense playing against college defenses. And people knock LSU's defense that year but they had a lot of injuries early on. When they finally got healthy they shut down some of the best offenses in football.

Having said that, I don't think it would be a runaway blow out like some suggest. FSU had the offensive firepower to keep up with LSU and they had the team speed on defense to keep up. They had the DBs to make it a contest.

Obviously the '01 Hurricanes could play with any team ever fielded and it's hard to overstate just how dominant that '95 Nebraska team was.

I think the only thing that translate is comparing QB rating and that's about it.
Even that doesn't hold up. I'm guessing it's because of all the extra TDs now.

2006: 1 starting QB had a QB rating over 100
2020: 10 starting QBs had ratings over 100

And now they're actually about to join the SEC. Good luck there

And they're considering joining as well. Fun times indeed.

2019 LSU offense was just too good.
Maybe one of those Miami teams from the 90's but I don't think any college defense could have hung with those tigers.

2001 Hurricanes. Clinton Portis, Willis McGahee, Frank Gore, Najeh Davenport, Jeremy Shockey, Kellen Winslow, Andre Johnson....Ed Reed, Vince Wilfork, Jon Vlima, DJ Williams, Phillip Buchannon, Jerome McDougle

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom