OTAs Week 1’s Practice Notes & Highlights: Trevor Penning moving to Right Tackle (1 Viewer)

Don't read too much into this! It's just a little cross training. Expect to see Fuaga cross-training extensively at LT while Penning cross trains exclusively at RT. If we're lucky, Fuaga may cross-train at LT well into the season.

/sarcasm

I feel better about the O-Line move hearing that this should be the permanent plan moving forward. I want Penning getting all the work at RT and Fuaga all the work at LT if possible. I’d be much more worried if we heard the plan was to rotate them around a bunch this summer to figure it out.

Take a stand, give each one the best chance to succeed at a single position.

Taysom in the kyle juszczyk role, I think, gets the most position flexibility out of him. Especially w/ disguise formation and being able to dictate what the defense will play you in. I like it

Payton convincing some Saints fans that Hill was a genuine NFL franchise QB will forever be his greatest work.

It's cool to know the plan was always to move Penning to RT. Even b4 drafting Fuaga I wanted to resign Peat and have Penning try at RT. Then that way you had something more solid in place as far as competition for a rookie. However, getting Fuaga all the snaps he can get at LT bodes well. Hope he pans out there, Was initially interested in Troy Futanu in the above scenario. Also was in a zone scheme but had longer arms (34 in) with a similar profile to the 49ers Trent Williams. Didn't agree that he couldn't play LT.

Taysom in the kyle juszczyk role, I think, gets the most position flexibility out of him. Especially w/ disguise formation and being able to dictate what the defense will play you in. I like it
Taysom and Juszczyk roles have always had some similarities. Hopefully kubiac is seeing some expanded uses for him. No sense having a swiss army knife if your just gonma use the flathead screwdriver and toothpick.

Hope the creativity continues to AK and Sheed.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom