Our RB's coach needs to coach Bush - he needs help (1 Viewer)

We need to run Deuce more. He need more touches Payton. Put Bush at WR
in the slot and then we would have both backs in at the same time. Deuce need his touches until Bush finally realizes that running East and West just not cutting it.

Impatience with Reggie's impatient running. Hypocrite much?

We need to run Deuce more. He need more touches Payton. [\quote]

that way, deuce will miss the playoffs....i know deuce is running hard and looks good, but i think he is not getting his touches because payton does not want him to get hurt again...smart if you ask me...we will need deuce in december

Ya know kiddos, Deuce is comming off a major injury that usually takes two years to fully recover from. He really has no business looking as good as he does now and it's probably a good idea for his career to not get 25-30 carries a game right now. Bush also has a sprained ankle, does he not? I remember spraining my ankle a few years ago. I needed crutches for nearly a month and I didn't have 11 NFL sized men trying to kill me once a week.

Methinks, that perhaps in this case, the coaching staff acually knows best in this one. After all, we ARE 6-2.

Smartest post on this thread. You gotta trust the coaching staff until they give you a reason not to.

Our record has nothing to do with Bush being ineffective as a ball carrier. Something is off about the Colts' running game. Someone making a statement that you personally agree with, doesn't mean it's the smartest. Steck deserves some carries, to help take the load off of Deuce.

Bush is ineffective because teams continue to gameplan against him. I truly think that teams don't want to be the victim of his "breakout" game.

If he continues on his current pace, and we keep winning and make the playoffs.....so be it! I agree Bush needs to focus on his patience and needs to "see the field" a little better.....but my goodness everytime he gets the ball it seems the other teams D is all over him. Not to mention his ankle issues. (see snipers wolfs post above) We should really just get him the ball in space more and see if he can reproduce some catches like he did at Carolina.

It's not like Deuce will be going anywhere for at least another 2 years. After that, it might be too expensive to keep them both.

I've never seen a rookie that is the 1# target for every defense in the league that the Saints played against. LOL the Ravens and Bucs both would rather let Brees, Colston, Henderson and Horn score on them then Reggie. No matter what, with out Bush the Saints would not be 6-2.

Deuce is not being utilized. All great backs need 20 to 25 touches in a game to get their yards. They start slow - 2 to 3 yards a carry - then increase that in each quarter. Payton doesn't untilize Deuce in that way, and his yardage is suffering. Deuce is only getting 10 to 15 touches a game and that won't work.

Illogical. If Deuce gets 20-25 touches a game, Bush won't be at all involved in the running game. And the solution to Bush's inability to learn how to run in a zone blocking scheme is not further reducing his role. The offense needs to get him his touches so that he'll learn. My sense is that a lightbulb will come on and he'll have a few big runs--he needs his touches to learn how to find the cutback lanes and be effective.

And I don't buy into "All great backs need 25 touches" per game philosophy.

Lawrence Maroney and Corey Dillon are doing just fine sharing the load. Larry Johnson and Priest Holmes worked together well. Reuben Mays and Dalton Hilliard got their yards sharing the load.

Once Bush becomes more an effective runner, both will prosper. I think this premise simply follows a false stereotype--in that bigger backs need 20-30 carries to get their yards. Although some in the past have done better when getting more carries, Deuce has already shown that he can put up over 100 yards with fewer than 20 carries.

Last edited:
at the point when someone mentioned deuce's injury from last year, the discussion of deuce not getting enough carries has no merit...the dude is not 100% and we will need him down the stretch...nuff said....

now back to your regularly scheduled thread

Bush is ineffective because teams continue to gameplan against him. I truly think that teams don't want to be the victim of his "breakout" game.

If he continues on his current pace, and we keep winning and make the playoffs.....so be it! I agree Bush needs to focus on his patience and needs to "see the field" a little better.....but my goodness everytime he gets the ball it seems the other teams D is all over him. Not to mention his ankle issues. (see snipers wolfs post above) We should really just get him the ball in space more and see if he can reproduce some catches like he did at Carolina.

It's not like Deuce will be going anywhere for at least another 2 years. After that, it might be too expensive to keep them both.
How much more can Ds focus on Bush lined up behind Karney, than an All Pro Deuce averaging 4.8 before getting dinged? They still arent aware of Colston, Horn, and company? I can see the Bucs trying to take advantage of Horn being out, but I'm not buying Ds focusing as intently on lone back Bush as much as some claim. Some responses were starting to appear to be excuses. JMO

I've never seen a rookie that is the 1# target for every defense in the league that the Saints played against. LOL the Ravens and Bucs both would rather let Brees, Colston, Henderson and Horn score on them then Reggie. No matter what, with out Bush the Saints would not be 6-2.

No disrespect to Bush, but how would you what our record would be with Hawk, Bennett, and additional 1st & 3rd round picks?

No disrespect to Bush, but how would you what our record would be with Hawk, Bennett, and additional 1st & 3rd round picks?

and what would our record be if Ditka hadn't given away and entire draft for one player and Haslett hadn't traded up for Sullivan? It's all a crapshoot.

I mean, lets deal with reality here. You can't go back in time so you have to just accept what we have now and move on imo.

Hawk might have tanked here, and Bennett may have been a breakout. As it is, Bennett has done nothing but get injured in KC and who the heck knows who we'd have gotten for trading out of the number 2 slot?

Looking at your post, I'm not really sure what your saying, so if my response makes no sense disregard it. I highlighted the part I didn't get.

pertaining to the title of the thread: does anyone actually think the RB coach is not telling bush these things?? or maybe reggie just sits on the side at practice and plays chess

but I'm not buying Ds focusing as intently on lone back Bush as much as some claim. Some responses were starting to appear to be excuses. JMO

Did you hear who the Bucs had on each and every locker in thier lockerroom?

Just wondering. I would call that focusing. You have to face the fact that when we play a team that they are going to do thier best not to let Reggie Bush have his "breakout" game.

No disrespect, but I am sure you are watching the games.....Reggie has missed alot of holes....but the D's we've played really well in containing him. Especially Baltimore and Tampa.

Another thing I look at is how many critical third downs has this guy picked up for us? I don't honestly know but I know it's plenty. Especially in the Cleveland game. That game was so important because it got us off to a good start.

I honestly am not sure how bad his ankle is hurting him but that may explain his tentativeness in the holes......and on his punt return it's not like he had to make a bunch of cuts.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom