Panera Bread killing folks (1 Viewer)

Back in the mid/late 80s I was a young airman stationed at Carswell AFB in Fort Worth Texas. I went home to Stonewall,MS for leave. I needed to get back to Fort Worth after killing too much time with my friends. The speed limit was 55 at that time, so it was an eight hour drive.
A friend gave me a box of No Doz.
I took the whole thing and headed out.
Had to stop and pee a lot.
I made it to Dallas and crashed hard.
I pushed on to Fort Worth.
All I remember is my roommate shaking me pretty hard to wake me around 3pm the next day because exercise GLOBAL SHIELD kicked off.
I haven’t ever done that again.

Side note….those Panera bread bowls are tough. I use to have a friend who would give us the throw out ones at the end of her shift and we’d play football with them. Tough bread that Panera stuff.

We don't have these Panera Bread restaurants up here in the hills, but I think they have them down in the central valley.

Once I got the point in the thread where people were talking about using the Panera bread bowls to play football I had figured out that these places are probably like the Montana chain of Staggering OX restaurants which are all over the state.

That staggering OX bit is because they call their bread bowls OX Hooves. What they do with them sounds about the same.

what happened to just taking no-doze and mini-thins? i could feel my hair growing
When I was a young, naive freshman at LSU I took some minithins for the first time and drank at least half of a half gallon bottle of bargain basement vodka (it was called Skol and the label proudly proclaimed that it was charcoal filtered)

I wanted to pass out so badly but couldn't decide if I wanted to sleep or go run laps. Ended up in my dorm room laying in bed and my eyes just wouldn't shut.

When I was a young, naive freshman at LSU I took some minithins for the first time and drank at least half of a half gallon bottle of bargain basement vodka (it was called Skol and the label proudly proclaimed that it was charcoal filtered)

I wanted to pass out so badly but couldn't decide if I wanted to sleep or go run laps. Ended up in my dorm room laying in bed and my eyes just wouldn't shut.
i still take caffine pills from time to time. IMO, they work better than energy drinks..

One of my old singers in one of my bands back in the early 90s used to drink iced coffee and pop mini thins.
That combo was pretty much legalized speed lol
The rest of the band couldn't match that energy.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Twitter

Back
    Top Bottom