Payton Frustrated with Ingram Departure [Thread Closed] (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
He says that he kept all the Saints players in the loop, but Payton says that he couldn't reach Ingram repeatedly.

Hmmm. Shady

Other than losing Mark, this is what worries me the most. A large part of our locker room "fire and energy" came from Mark. I just hope we can continue to sustain that same kind of team chemistry moving forward.
The good thing though is that Ingram rubbed off on Kamara so much in their two years together, I wouldn't be surprised to see Kamara step right up to the plate and be that same infusion of fire and energy, as you put it. And we've always got the greatness and leader of this team since he signed on the line in 2006 with Drew to make sure the locker room stays on par with the level of cohesiveness we've had the past few years.

He says that he kept all the Saints players in the loop, but Payton says that he couldn't reach Ingram repeatedly.

Hmmm. Shady
Heh. Probably kept them in the loop after we signed Murray because Ingram wouldn't answer the phone or return any messages. (What makes me definitely think this is all his agent's doing is the fact that Ingram has been Payton's guy ever since we drafted him. Always stuck with him through those first few seasons where he still hadn't found his "NFL groove" yet and kept saying that he wanted Ingram to be here for his whole career all the way up until we signed Murray.)

Other than losing Mark, this is what worries me the most. A large part of our locker room "fire and energy" came from Mark. I just hope we can continue to sustain that same kind of team chemistry moving forward.

Plenty of other fire & energy....off the top of my head: Cam Jordan, Demario Davis, Craig Robertson, Chris Banjo, Drew. I mean we lack not fire or energy and someone will fill the void for Mark.

Whenever you break up the band, you run the risk of things going to _ in a handbasket.

On the other hand, there have been some pretty noteworthy and successful split-ups that were a win-win overall.

Would have loved for Ingram to stay. Only time will tell whether or not the Black and Gold will come out on the losing end. :scratch:
Well, the thing is, though, the band will ALWAYS break up. That's the nature of humans ... and business. And we don't know what the future holds for him healthwise and protocol wise. I mean, yeah, we weren't using him up, but we still didn't have him for the first 4 weeks. And he gets popped again, then it's longer. Mind you, I'm not WISHING these things on him. I did a 180 on Ingram from his beginning here. But I'm not really chuffed about this, only with how it went down.

Is Ingram’s agent Rich Paul? That guy screws everyone, everywhere, ever time.

VIP Sports Management agent Paul Bobbitt was a friend of the family. Mark's dad played at Mich. State at the same time as Bobbitt. They played under Perles and Saban while there. I'm guessing Bobbitt convinced Mark that he could do better on his next contract, so Mark dumped Joel Segal, who I thought was a well respected agent. Looks like Mark made a bad choice.

How are agent contracts set up? Does the agent get more of a cut from a new contract versus an extension with the current team? Or is it a set percentage for new contract or extension?

The NFLPA limits agents to no more than 3% of a players NFL contract. I don't think they set any limit on endorsement deals the agent negotiates for the player though.

You can’t be serious. Ingram and his agent didn’t negotiate in good faith with their unrealistic demands. The Saints had a reasonable starting point where they were still open to up the offer if the negotiations were in good faith. It’s silly to blame the FO on this one. Ridiculous!

It's almost as if you know all of that for fact. :hihi:

Heh. Probably kept them in the loop after we signed Murray because Ingram wouldn't answer the phone or return any messages. (What makes me definitely think this is all his agent's doing is the fact that Ingram has been Payton's guy ever since we drafted him. Always stuck with him through those first few seasons where he still hadn't found his "NFL groove" yet and kept saying that he wanted Ingram to be here for his whole career all the way up until we signed Murray.)
Yeah, agent probably said "Don't talk to Coach, he will try to manipulate you."
Mark looked like he knows he/agent made a big mistake. Or maybe he just wanted to be the guy, and knew he was RB2 to Kamara. Who knows. This whole agent change in a contract year has always seemed foolish to me.

I think we draft an RB who beats out Murray and replaces Ingram in the duo a la what happened with AP. Payton wants no part of a downgrade but he also loves competition and insurance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom