Payton on Sirius (1 Viewer)

Ted

muddlin'
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Coach Payton this morning on Sirius said that this was the best all around performance by all three phases by the team yet. They mentioned no turnovers and only 4 penalties for 25 yards and Payton said that they'd focused on getting back to those two things that are at the core of their philosophy. He was really proud of Strief and Copper for stepping up. I noticed he didn't mention Henderson in that sentence (always wondering if he's in his doghouse), but when the announcers brought him up, he said that he'd stepped in and played nicely. He said that that post pattern TD is usually a play they use with Colston, but with Horn out, Devery ran it and he and Brees did a great job of recognizing the defense and executing it.

I could tell he was REALLY proud of the long drive in the 4th quarter.

They asked about Reggie getting shut down. He didn't say anything about him running side to side, but said that the Bucs were keying on shutting down the run and that Deuce was shut down running as well. He said he's got to get more creative in getting Reggie the ball.

They talked a bit about next week and he said that it's a really tough place to go play and that they're still a really tough team.

That's about what I remember from when I was in the car. But the man seemed pleased.

HouDat

Banned
Reaction score
Thanks Ted. The one thing I do remember Payton saying, in praise of Reggie, is that he made a great pickup of a blitz on the first Henderson touchdown.

FWIW, I hit the "love" button on my receiver and recorded the entire segment; when I get home this evening, I'll see if I can somehow create an .mp3 out of it and post it here. In the meantime, if anyone is familiar with this and knows how to do it, PM me.

LSSpam

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Great recap, and if you follow through Houston i'd be in your debt. (and if you make it a weekly deal you'll have to find some way people can repay you)

HouDat

Banned
Reaction score
I'm going to patrol some of the Sirius forums in a bit...I'm sure someone will know of a way to do it. Worst case scenario, I'll do it via analog (headphone jack on my Sirius player to mic in jack on sound card) until I can find a digital fix.

OP
Ted

Ted

muddlin'
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Houston, I found a cool app last week when i wanted to get some songs off of a cassette tape - MP3 My MP3 - http://www.freewarepro.com/showFile.php?FileID=57

it's free and you can make an mp3 out of any audio you run into your computer. I just plugged my cassette deck into the line-in on my computer and it was really easy to use.

edit - oh, and thanks for filling in that blank about the blitz pick up.

saintsation1

Banned
Reaction score
my buddy, always coming through for us!!!

I'm going to patrol some of the Sirius forums in a bit...I'm sure someone will know of a way to do it. Worst case scenario, I'll do it via analog (headphone jack on my Sirius player to mic in jack on sound card) until I can find a digital fix.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Sean Payton: I get caught up in the game and forget about the mask Saints RSS News Feeds 0
I know why Coach Payton has lost his play calling mojo... Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 2
Sean Payton on the late Gale Sayers: 'He was so explosive and dynamic' Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Payton accepts blame for not wearing mask on sidelines, addresses Saints issues ahead of Packers test Saints RSS News Feeds 0
After fine, Sean Payton admits he needs 'to be more diligent' with face covering during games Saints RSS News Feeds 0
cue180 Payton delayed trip home in order to review game film Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 43
Saints, Sean Payton reportedly fined $350K total for failure to wear face coverings on sideline Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Source: Gruden, Payton fined for mask negligence Saints RSS News Feeds 0
NFL fines Jon Gruden, Sean Payton for not wearing masks Monday night Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Saintsphere Payton and Gruden fined $100k for not wearing masks; organizations fined $250k Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 37
This is How Sean Payton's Teams Start - Unexplainable No Show Losses- In Great Seasons Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 26
Sean Payton: Saints’ offense is “average at best” Saints RSS News Feeds 0
'It was ugly.' Here's what Brees, Payton, Kamara had to say after Saints' loss to Raiders Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Dan in Lafayette Sean Payton Postgame on Saints Loss to Raiders in Week 2 | 2020 NFL SR News Page Articles 0
Saints Payton post game Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 20
How Sean Payton's career was shaped by mentors Jon Gruden, Bill Parcells Saints RSS News Feeds 0
No sleep, all football: How Sean Payton got his foot in the NFL door thanks to Jon Gruden Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Dan in Lafayette Sean Payton Talks Offensive Strategy, Week 2 prep | Saints at Raiders Week 2 2020 SR News Page Articles 0
Payton encouraged by Ruiz progress, Saints run defense Saints RSS News Feeds 0
DerrickB Payton hasn't ruled out MT13 against the Raiders Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 46
Payton refuses comment on Thomas injury, cites strength of special teams Saints RSS News Feeds 0
ndcc Saints Nick Wright torches Sean Payton in this vid (...calls him a jerk) Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 68
Saintsphere Payton on Davenport Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 30
Andrus Sean Payton Postgame Interview after Saints Win vs. Buccaneers | Week 1 2020 SR News Page Articles 0
Analysis What would you whisper in Payton's ear after week 1 Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 70
Payton: “That was as bad of a game as I’ve had as a playcaller.” Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 102
Drew Brees and Sean Payton's 'unbelievable journey' now entering its 15th season Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Payton seamed to be caught off guard by no fans for game 3 Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 3