Payton on Sirius (1 Viewer)

Ted

muddlin'
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Coach Payton this morning on Sirius said that this was the best all around performance by all three phases by the team yet. They mentioned no turnovers and only 4 penalties for 25 yards and Payton said that they'd focused on getting back to those two things that are at the core of their philosophy. He was really proud of Strief and Copper for stepping up. I noticed he didn't mention Henderson in that sentence (always wondering if he's in his doghouse), but when the announcers brought him up, he said that he'd stepped in and played nicely. He said that that post pattern TD is usually a play they use with Colston, but with Horn out, Devery ran it and he and Brees did a great job of recognizing the defense and executing it.

I could tell he was REALLY proud of the long drive in the 4th quarter.

They asked about Reggie getting shut down. He didn't say anything about him running side to side, but said that the Bucs were keying on shutting down the run and that Deuce was shut down running as well. He said he's got to get more creative in getting Reggie the ball.

They talked a bit about next week and he said that it's a really tough place to go play and that they're still a really tough team.

That's about what I remember from when I was in the car. But the man seemed pleased.

Thanks Ted. The one thing I do remember Payton saying, in praise of Reggie, is that he made a great pickup of a blitz on the first Henderson touchdown.

FWIW, I hit the "love" button on my receiver and recorded the entire segment; when I get home this evening, I'll see if I can somehow create an .mp3 out of it and post it here. In the meantime, if anyone is familiar with this and knows how to do it, PM me.

Great recap, and if you follow through Houston i'd be in your debt. (and if you make it a weekly deal you'll have to find some way people can repay you)

I'm going to patrol some of the Sirius forums in a bit...I'm sure someone will know of a way to do it. Worst case scenario, I'll do it via analog (headphone jack on my Sirius player to mic in jack on sound card) until I can find a digital fix.

Houston, I found a cool app last week when i wanted to get some songs off of a cassette tape - MP3 My MP3 - http://www.freewarepro.com/showFile.php?FileID=57

it's free and you can make an mp3 out of any audio you run into your computer. I just plugged my cassette deck into the line-in on my computer and it was really easy to use.

edit - oh, and thanks for filling in that blank about the blitz pick up.

my buddy, always coming through for us!!!

I'm going to patrol some of the Sirius forums in a bit...I'm sure someone will know of a way to do it. Worst case scenario, I'll do it via analog (headphone jack on my Sirius player to mic in jack on sound card) until I can find a digital fix.

OK, finally had a little time to jack with this thing. It's my first time using this software (Thanks again, Ted), so the audio level may be a little low. (There's a quick, easy remedy to that: turn your speakers up.)

Here's the Sirius NFL Radio interview with Sean Payton, dated this past Monday.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=HZYU72CI

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom