Paytons does not like change {merged} (1 Viewer)

BTW, what prompted the "Just because this team has won 6 games doesn't mean we, as fans, don't have the right to criticize..." statement?

Why is the deal with the "Clark should play on first and second down because those are obvious running downs" statements? For who Carl Smith and Mike McCarthy?

Teams with platoon MLBs often get exposed. If I saw Clark in the game on first and second down you, as the opposing coach, had better get ready for a lot of successful play action and over the middle passes. I wouldn't care what down it is because I would move the ball most of the time.

This system would get easily exposed. I think they are going withthe best choice. Playing Clark in short yardage/goal line situations. Those are generally situations where you see the run, but even then it is not all of the time...like when Clark got burnt for a TD pass from Miller.

I don't think that throwing the ball really affects the Saints that way, MM. They primarily throw short passes, which is a lot like running the ball: small gains and a high percentage of completions so the clock is almost always running. I don't' recall the Saints ever being on the short end of Time of Possession this year. In fact, they rank #8.

Turnovers and injuries continue to be the most important areas in which the best NFL teams have as an advantage over other teams. Right now the Saints are losing the turnover battle...

Incompletions kill the clock / Brees has been throwing more deep passes as of late

Shanle, Stoutmire, Copper, Simoneau and Campbell are Payton's guys. Bellamy is a proven starter and has made plays for the Saints. Clark is a proven starter and what he brings against the run far outweighs anything he lacks in the passing game. I don't see how they can be worse than Simoneau and Stoutmire.

Shanle, Stoutmire, Copper, Simoneau and Campbell are Payton's guys. Bellamy is a proven starter and has made plays for the Saints. Clark is a proven starter and what he brings against the run far outweighs anything he lacks in the passing game. I don't see how they can be worse than Simoneau and Stoutmire.

What exactly is bad about Simoneau or Stoutmire? I don't get it. Do people complain just to complain? There are so many things to really complain about yet we are harping on a MLB and Safety who have played well? Bellamy was aweful last year and is to slow to ever cover anyone anymore (the main duty of a safety).

Clark would be no better at stopping the run then Sim. I mean noone is running up the middle anyway. So with sim we get the middle shut down and we get a good pass coverage and speedy MLB...with clark we only get the first thing i said. So wheres the gain? I don't get it?

As for Stoutmire. He reminds me of MM on this forum. He has one bad play all year where he PIed someone and since then people say he sucks. Last time I checked its Bullocks who has been getting eaten alive.

Simoneau is playing great. Its dumb that we are even having this conversation (IMO, no offense meant). I think people are just going off name value. They think Sim is a bad LB because he doesn't have name value like a Danny Clark does. Simoneau may be a cast off but hes playing good Football for us this year.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom