Peat chose to leave (1 Viewer)

Everything happens for a reason.

Still on the bus that Penning will solidify RT. That doesn’t happen if Ramczyk doesn’t have his issues and it doesn’t happen if Peat is playing LT because Fuaga is definitely playing RT in that scenario.

Good luck to Peat

Is Sandra Bullock on that bus?

The offseason strikes again. Penning couldn’t get on the field over guys literally signed the week of games. And now he is going to solidify the RT position. There truly is no better hallucinogenic drug than the offseason.

Losing Peat hurts because if Penning doesn't work out our OL will be worse than last year. Which is why I feel we need to hold on to Latt.

Is Sandra Bullock on that bus?

The offseason strikes again. Penning couldn’t get on the field over guys literally signed the week of games. And now he is going to solidify the RT position. There truly is no better hallucinogenic drug than the offseason.
Lol there isn't a single GM in the league who doesn't feel good about the prospects of it's team during the off-season. I'm no different. when the bullets start flying during the season I'm sure I'll be far more cynical, for now hope is good. If that doesn't work for you cool, but don't chide me because it's not your steez, and I won't knock on your front door and complain about your pessimism.

Cool...cool

Now if you want to know how I'm coming to that conclusion or what insights/logic I'm using I'd be happy to detail it as it's based in more than just "off-season" optimism and a hit of speed.

Last edited:
Loomis said they offered Peat a deal but at a certain price. He made it sound like he left for more money.

Good for him and good for us. I don't know if the fan base could take Peat being overpaid on a deal again.
OTC finally has his contract details with the Raiders. Based on this I don't see how he got more from them than what Loomis offered. He simply wanted to play for another team this year.

Current Contract​

(SFA, signed 2024)​

(📝: indicates contract trigger occuring during that year)
YearAgeBase SalaryProrated Signing BonusPer Game Roster BonusOther BonusCap
Number
Cap %Dead Money & Cap Savings
Cut (pre-June 1)Cut (post-June 1)Trade (pre-June 1)Trade (post-June 1)RestructureExtension
202431$1,210,000$450,000$340,000$250,000$2,230,0000.9%$450,000$1,780,000
Total$1,210,000$450,000$340,000$250,000$2,230,000

OTC finally has his contract details with the Raiders. Based on this I don't see how he got more from them than what Loomis offered. He simply wanted to play for another team this year.

Current Contract​

(SFA, signed 2024)​

(📝: indicates contract trigger occuring during that year)
YearAgeBase SalaryProrated Signing BonusPer Game Roster BonusOther BonusCap
Number
Cap %Dead Money & Cap Savings
Cut (pre-June 1)Cut (post-June 1)Trade (pre-June 1)Trade (post-June 1)RestructureExtension
202431$1,210,000$450,000$340,000$250,000$2,230,0000.9%$450,000$1,780,000
Total$1,210,000$450,000$340,000$250,000$2,230,000

On top of that, he probably won't start... and maybe that's what he wants.

I always wondered what it looked like at Christmas on Mt. Charleston.
Oddly enough I don't have memories of that....I know I used to love looking down on Vegas in their sweltering heat as a snowstorm was going on all around me up there.

Our place was next to Chuck Traynor's so I also always enjoyed snooping on his place as that's where all the ladies were lol.

Never thought about it till now but I had some famous neighbors all over as a kid.
In town our house was across the street from Liberace, another cool neighbor lol. Especially at Halloween.....lots of candy from his butler.

Anyhow, wish Dad would have kept the place on top of Mt. Charleston.

Best for all to send all the Petes packing. Pete, Peat, and Coach Pete.

Werner's still here, and it's a prove it year for him.

Oddly enough I don't have memories of that....I know I used to love looking down on Vegas in their sweltering heat as a snowstorm was going on all around me up there.

Our place was next to Chuck Traynor's so I also always enjoyed snooping on his place as that's where all the ladies were lol.

Never thought about it till now but I had some famous neighbors all over as a kid.
In town our house was across the street from Liberace, another cool neighbor lol. Especially at Halloween.....lots of candy from his butler.

Anyhow, wish Dad would have kept the place on top of Mt. Charleston.
Did you know that the souvenir shop burned to the ground a few years ago?

Did you know that the souvenir shop burned to the ground a few years ago?
I did not. I read up on it a little bit ago, but missed that. We moved away in 89, I've been back a few times last of which was 2015. So it's been awhile.

Why would he decide to stay? He agreed to an outright pay cut last year to help the team’s cap situation, only to be benched before the season started, then was only called upon when Penning stunk up the joint at LT and he came in and played admirably, essentially salvaging what would’ve been an abysmal season. And on top of all that, you’re the majority of the fanbase’s whipping boy any time something goes awry.

Now fast forward to 2024, the team has drafted another 1st round rookie tackle, they’re still holding out hope Ramczyk can play another season, oh and that guy that we benched you for last season only to turn around and bench him for poor performance? Yeah he’s still going to be in front of you on the depth chart if you re-sign here, even if Ramczyk retires and the rookie starts.

No time for tears now that the milk has spilled. The majority of Saints fans been trying to push Peat out the door for years and they’re finally appeased. And this is the OL we’re all faced with having to watch this season.

Years ago, we signed a cornerback from the colts. The Saints (and us fans) were high on him. Just KNEW that he was going to be a lights out, shut down corner for us, despite the fact that colts fans themselves were warning us that the player was futility personified.

What was he for us? Hammered dog poop.

I like Peat. I think he's a great team mate. I think he's a good and nice person. I also like that he found a future with another team, because it allows a couple things to happen here at home: it will either demonstrate that those who were pointing at him as the weak point were right, or it will prove that Peat was never the issue here, and Carr's woes will continue.

I think Loomis made a token gesture in order for Peat to save face, all the while hoping he would sign elsewhere.

Good luck, Andrus.

Thanks for your productive years here.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom