Pete Carmichael Jr will be coming back for Revenge (1 Viewer)

Revenge for what? Not firing him sooner? Anyways, I mostly blame Loomis and Allen for Pete's faults. He verbally stated that he didn't want the OC job to begin with, but Loomis and Allen wanted to keep looking towards the past to fix this team instead of looking towards the future.

Anyone listen to that segment with Gus Kattengell a few days ago where Pete Carmichael was a topic of discussion? One part that stood out to me was when he mentioned that he noticed a trend with players saying "Coach Kubiak" instead of in the past where it was just "Pete", which insinuated that there is a higher level of respect shown towards our new OC by the players.

Last edited:
Sean Payton doesn’t need PC’s help on how to attack DA’s defense lol. Sean Payton is the only revenge needed.

The NFL gave Payton the hardest path on achieving his revenge. Traveling across country for a Thursday night game coming off a division game against Jim Harbaugh will be a huge test for Payton. If DA loses, then he needs to be fired the next day.

PC doesn't scare me. I'm not even sure Sean Payton scares me anymore. He just seems different now.

Possibly - but working with Nix might be the situation that changes that. Payton and Wilson never seemed like a good fit, making last season an obstacle to get beyond to whatever the future of the Broncos was going to be. Now his QB is in place and we will see what that means for Payton.

I'm not knocking Carmichael's traits as a behind the scenes guy, but I don't think he will be a factor.

False, he know s how to draw up plays and coordinate an offense just fine. I may not agree w/ the revenge angle but people forgetting Payton saying how creative and smart Carmichael is w/ play design is just being dismissive.
I would suggest that Coach Carmichael however was not good at adjusting the playcalling if the game plan was not working. General Eisenhower once said a battle plan was only good for the first six minutes of the battle. After that you had to adjust and think on the move to overcome adversity.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom